Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relationship advice?

• 07-11-2005 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am friends with this girl and i think she likes me. The only problem at the moment is that i didn't get her number from her. I have it from someone else..

Do you think i should
    a) text her and just ask her out
    b) text her and play the game...guess who i am with clues
    c) your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Definately not B because that's just silly, and might scare her away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

How often do you get to see her?
    If you get to see her a bit, why not do it face to face, that way it'd seem way more personal. Next time you get talking to her why not just invite her out for a drink.

Personally I'd ring her if I were you, texting is fine for some things but personally I wouldn't ask anyone out with it. Ring her up and tell her where you got her number and ask her out. I'm sure she'll be flattered at least that you had the guts to get her number and ring her up.
    Best of luck with it anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dax Wax

i for one would ask her out for cofee faceToface but I did the whole "got your number from someone else and I really like ya etc" texting and it worked so whatever you think is right yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

It's always flattering when someone you get on with tracks down your number to text you or whatever. My advice would be to ring her, explain that you got her number from someone else, and ask her to do something with you. What have you got to lose? And more importantly, what have you got to gain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea i agree, if ur pretty sure she likes u, then ur in there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Same thing happened to me. Forgot to get the number off the girl but texted one of her friends and she gave it to me. I texted away and there was no trouble.Just put in something like "got your number of <insert friends name> hope ya dont mind" .

By the way I'm going out with that girl for over two years. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Dave wrote:
    It's always flattering when someone you get on with tracks down your number to text you or whatever. My advice would be to ring her, explain that you got her number from someone else, and ask her to do something with you. What have you got to lose? And more importantly, what have you got to gain?
    couldn't agree more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

me in same boat at present.
    my sources have run dry on assertaining his num though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

If you got the number off one of her friends shes sure to know anyway, girls tell each other everything. I'd just text her and let us know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Newbiedj wrote:
    Hi all,

I am friends with this girl and i think she likes me. The only problem at the moment is that i didn't get her number from her. I have it from someone else..

Do you think i should
    c) your advice.

get in touch with Q102's Flirty at 8.30, they will ring her for you and pay for dinner if she accepts :)

• Advertisement

cool i wonder could you work so you ask your own gf again?then just get the free meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

don't do either of these, especially b.

if you really want her, you're gonna have to bite the bullet and ask her.

if you are indeed friends, then you're probably better chatting to her in a pub.

keep it simple, and confident, but not arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 playfulkitten

:rolleyes: txt her and tell her who u are and ask just general questions to get to her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Newbiedj

Right so i text her and we decided to meet at a party....She turns up with lots of friends and in particular one of her friends continues to hang around like a bad stench whenever we went dancing....

So i have invited her to a party tomorrow night...I'm confused right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

friend possibly jealous?? or mebbe jus plain ol' stoopid!
    good luck hope it all works out 4 ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Cool so she met up with you once and know she's meeting up with you again-thats positive!Just at the the party tommorow night try and get a bit of alone time with her and ask her out properly to the cinema or something next week-without her mates!

Advertisement