Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless audio setup - suggestions?

Options
  • 07-11-2005 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a wireless link from a phono source to transmit to a phono input (stereo and PC). The aim of the game is to have my turntables connected to both my computer and my stereo system without any pesky wires

Can anyone suggest hardware to accomplish this? Or even where I could find info on building such a device?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

i picked up a set of TV Senders from argos that had phono outputs and inputs and just used them for stero sound from my PC to my amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Video-Transmitter-Sender-Receiver-2-4Ghz-Wireless_W0QQitemZ7560303192QQcategoryZ3319QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This seems to be the way to go. I wasn't even sure if such a gadget exists, but this transmitter/receiver combo should do the job. Quality of sound is another thing entirely, as is effective range, ability to deal with walls etc...

If anyone knows how well this type of transmitter performs in reality could they post it here? Failing that I'll post a review once I source them and try them out.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Video senders are good enough. Can be interfered with by microwaves and sometimes even being in close proximity to them eg standing in front of the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I was told by a chap in that Hifi store on the quays on the northside of the millenium bridge that these kind of FM transmitters are illegal in the republic, but you can get them in England and elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

beans wrote:
    I was told by a chap in that Hifi store on the quays on the northside of the millenium bridge that these kind of FM transmitters are illegal in the republic, but you can get them in England and elsewhere

Quite right and that's exactly why you shouldn't go to this site !!

ZEN;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement