Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking music off an ipod

Options
  • 07-11-2005 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

I got an ipod mini there a few weeks ago and the only program I can find to remove music from it without deleting tracks one by one was iPod Updater. Only problem with iPod Updater is that it also resets all the iPod's settings which is really annoying. Any quick way of removing tracks from the iPod other than the updater?

Ive tried ephPod but that tells me to use iPod Updater!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

One crude way is to browse the ipod with VIEW ALL FILES set to on (via Folder Options). You can take music out that way, but the file titles are all screwed up tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

GaRtH_V wrote:
    I got an ipod mini there a few weeks ago and the only program I can find to remove music from it without deleting tracks one by one was iPod Updater. Only problem with iPod Updater is that it also resets all the iPod's settings which is really annoying. Any quick way of removing tracks from the iPod other than the updater?

Ive tried ephPod but that tells me to use iPod Updater!

Here's the quick and painful truth: Once a song is on that thing, it's on. You can't get it out.

The only thing you can do with iTunes is to clear a song from a playlist. But no the song itself.

The only way to get off songs the iPod is by deleting it entirely with the iPod Updater, then edit your playlists in iTunes, then synchronize the iPod.

That's also a reason why iSold mine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

You can take songs off it, you just have to use third party software. Go google.
    Don't be iRash.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I use ephPod to take music off the iPod (well, more accurately, copy music off the iPod). No problems. When I'm finished, it asks if I want to update iPod and I reply no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I use PodUtil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I reccomend using a chisel, you only have to do it once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

iPodRip is another one; OS X, Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

ipodUtil is a good program I use it too :D
    just google it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

this should be stickied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Err... I connect mine to my PC, open iTunes, open the iPod's library and click delete... what's the problem...

Maybe it's cos I have it set to use as an external drive...

Otherwise, what am I missing here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i think what was meant by the replies (mine anyway:confused: ) was not to specifically DELETE music from an I-Pod but take music off an I-Pod ie to be stored on harddrive or transferred to another I-Pod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

steveland? wrote:
    Err... I connect mine to my PC, open iTunes, open the iPod's library and click delete... what's the problem...

Maybe it's cos I have it set to use as an external drive...

Otherwise, what am I missing here...

It's not deleted. Only the entry in the playlist is deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

If you uncheck the box beside a song in your iTunes library, then synch your iPod with iTunes, it will REMOVE that song from the iPod. Otherwise if the iPod was full you wouldn't be able to delete some songs to put on others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I spent most of the year looking for something to copy music from my iPod back to my computer. I tried lots and lots of things with limited success.

The one bit of software that actually worked... i.e. copied ALL my music quickly and efficiently... was "iPod Agent".

It's not free but better than anything else I've used.

Advertisement