Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Change

Options
  • 07-11-2005 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Heya Lads,
    Im on the move again after a two year certificate in commercial computing, really enoyed programming and im now hoping to get into the gaming industry by doing a games course in Carlow IT, just curious are there any potential employers in the game industry in Ireland or do i need to travel? And what is the starting salary like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I'll be finishing up my PhD in about 6 months, and it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll be moving abroad in order to get a decent gaming job. There are a couple of jobs dotted around Ireland (see GameDevelopers.ie) depending on what your interests/skills are, but for proper experience in a major studio I don't really see any other choice.

Advertisement