Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just cant get into FM06

Options
  • 07-11-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

I dont know if anyone else is the same but i so loved FM2005. But the new game i just cant get into it. Maybe i have not giving it a real go and now that my tact from FM05 dont work with 06 im a bit pissed off. Finding a tact that is good is just painfull. Also trying to buy players is harder im finding.

Anyways anyone else like to add to it ?
    Maybe your finding you love the game ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'm finding it a bit harder to get into myself. but 05 was far too simple. winning quadruples every season gets old fast.

its just a matter of playing the game, its the only was to find the players that are bargains and how much will trigger the club to sell whoever your after.

theres some good players at ajax and in the russian league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

it took me a long time to get it going but i messed with the editor and now itsa bit better (lol) although i forgot to up the others teams wolrd/local reps so before a game i'm 1/30 to win it at the odds menu and i'm not that much better than the team i.e srfc vrs shels

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm finding it tough too. I found fm05 very good and not too easy, took me 3 seasons to build a winning squad at arsenal, to win titles and maintain it, and i wans constantly selling players and buying new faces. I was in 2009, and now with 06, i get thrown back into 05, I'm jsut waiting for the online league tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

fiddle around with new skins/updates/tools etc to keep the game fresh. that usually worked for me whenever i got bored of the previous incarnations of the great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Homer1

It's a great game but it just takes over your life in the end, so I've had to stop playing it. :(

Great board you got here guys. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I played FM2005 a fair bit but just tried the demo of FM2006, just seemed too similar to the earlier game, couldn't really see the point of getting it - not having right up to the minute squads doesn't bother me, more interested in how the game plays and it just doesn't really seem to have changed much? They seem to make very little changes really from one year to the next, just when they brought out the 2D view was the big thing but can't understand why they haven't gone further with this game by now, it could do with a few real new features added rather than just constantly tweaking small things over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

yeah im in the middle of a very enjoyable fm2005 league and i tried the demo for fm2006 and wasnt too encouraged to go out and buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have not gone back to the game since i posted this tread. Im sure around late december i will give it a real try.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The online league we going has me absolutely hooked on it. Don't play it solo much these days because of college but I'm really loving the challenge of playing online.

Advertisement