Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces Video Footage

Options
  • 07-11-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Was at friends gaff last night Saw preview video footage of special forces ,it looks class,just letting ye know its available...not sure where but you should know where to find it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

LOL thanks for the tease. I have a site but it's the worste site ever for downloads, anyone else got a more userfriendly site???

Download here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

http://battlefield2.filefront.com/ have it.

I downloaded from Belgium FRP server at 2.5MBps earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Don't think it looks great tbh. Barely worthy of mod status, and we're expected to pay for it.

I'll give it a go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Downloaded at 900 kbps

I think it looks very impressive but I wont be buying it until I read over the 50 gazillion things which will be wrong with it.

I'm sure there'll be a ranting thread on boards when it comes out....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. BF2 us broken, and they're bringing out an add-on? EA sucks.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

How many new maps? All I want to know. Bored of the usuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Severe case of 'meh'. Unless they fix the crappy unrealistic weapon/particle physics i won't be in a hurry to buy it. (Ooo guy's head from 3 feet away, damn i missed) .... Or better yet, get 2 bullets in his head and he's still running around...hrmm..... When was Rainbow 6 released? must be near on 10 years at this point... and its weapon physics was much more realistic. And had the concept of an injured player(limited mobiliity, speed) .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You must be either crap or a new player serenity. I thought that when I was a new player but when you become more experienced you realise that it is you not the weapon... One of the most balanced games I ever played...

You must be either crap or a new player serenity. I thought that when I was a new player but when you become more experienced you realise that it is you not the weapon... One of the most balanced games I ever played...

The 2nd time in a week I have to agree with you, whats the world coming to eh?:D

The more you play the better you get, plain and simple....

I'm neither, i'm just well season'd as to fps games. While it is possible to kill people yada yada yada, it doesn't actually follow anything like real world physics... the whole 'fun' factor makes it quite ****e.

• Advertisement

Serenity wrote:
    I'm neither, i'm just well season'd as to fps games. While it is possible to kill people yada yada yada, it doesn't actually follow anything like real world physics... the whole 'fun' factor makes it quite ****e.

Not all games work off the same engine...
    I usually point the gun at someone and press the the mouse button, most of the time they die... If you gave the game a 2nd chance and tried a little more to get used to the game then you would enjoy it...

Keyzer wrote:
    Not all games work off the same engine...
    I usually point the gun at someone and press the the mouse button, most of the time they die... If you gave the game a 2nd chance and tried a little more to get used to the game then you would enjoy it...
    Second chance? like i said i'm not half bad at the game at all. And i realise they don't work off the same engine, but all the engines are supposed to try emulate real world physics, like all the other dice games, this makes a woefull attempt at best at particle physics. tbh they should have just bought havok's middleware to do it for them....

I also never said i didn't enjoy the game, I just wish they would do a proper job of the physics. The last thing i wanna do is play a cs style game on the bf2 engine, its great for tanks, planes and everything else, but compared to the hl2 engine for an fps style setup its terrible....

Serenity wrote:
    Second chance? like i said i'm not half bad at the game at all. And i realise they don't work off the same engine, but all the engines are supposed to try emulate real world physics, like all the other dice games, this makes a woefull attempt at best at particle physics. tbh they should have just bought havok's middleware to do it for them....

I also never said i didn't enjoy the game, I just wish they would do a proper job of the physics. The last thing i wanna do is play a cs style game on the bf2 engine, its great for tanks, planes and everything else, but compared to the hl2 engine for an fps style setup its terrible....

When you talk about particle physics, are you talking about explosions etc?
    Explain...

Keyzer wrote:
    When you talk about particle physics, are you talking about explosions etc?
    Explain...
    No explosions i can live with, they tend to be complex enough to get right for anyone...

I was limiting my scope to gun physics, while after practice sure it is possible to kill people and so on, its not realistic, or how it should be at all....i dunno if they were going for the 'cs' approach and trying to help new people to a level playing field(though cs did it a bit different), but tbh its just not as good as alot of other fps out there for it, this has been noted by others before, its nothing new... bf has always come through because of the map size's and vehicles that just arn't in other games.....

for a comparason, after you play a game, try one of the rainbow 6 series and see how different the entire 'shoot em up' is. Ghost Recon would be the one closest in style using large outdoor maps...... In bf2 you could walk around a corner already firing and spraying, hitting the person possibly 3/4 times, and they can still kill you.... Alas i digress....i must try out the project reality mod...been busy of late :/

Serenity wrote:
    No explosions i can live with, they tend to be complex enough to get right for anyone...

I was limiting my scope to gun physics, while after practice sure it is possible to kill people and so on, its not realistic, or how it should be at all....i dunno if they were going for the 'cs' approach and trying to help new people to a level playing field(though cs did it a bit different), but tbh its just not as good as alot of other fps out there for it, this has been noted by others before, its nothing new... bf has always come through because of the map size's and vehicles that just arn't in other games.....

for a comparason, after you play a game, try one of the rainbow 6 series and see how different the entire 'shoot em up' is. Ghost Recon would be the one closest in style using large outdoor maps...... In bf2 you could walk around a corner already firing and spraying, hitting the person possibly 3/4 times, and they can still kill you.... Alas i digress....i must try out the project reality mod...been busy of late :/

So what your really talking about is damage from gun shots..
    As I'm sure your aware, the different weapons in BF2 have different levels of damage. I think its quite alright if you walk around a corner and hit someone 4 times and you end up dying. They either shot you more times or they shot you with a more powerful gun.

It all depends on what gun you use and on what map.
    Urban maps are great for the assault rifle, one well placed shot from the grenade launcher and they other guy is dead.

Keyzer wrote:
    So what your really talking about is damage from gun shots..
    As I'm sure your aware, the different weapons in BF2 have different levels of damage. I think its quite alright if you walk around a corner and hit someone 4 times and you end up dying. They either shot you more times or they shot you with a more powerful gun.
    No i kinda moved onto it, but the whole aiming, and where a bullet goes is nothing close on realistic. Go on over to DC realism and see how many changes they wanna make to all the guns...the damage done in BF2 is nothing close on what it should be....
    Urban maps are great for the assault rifle, one well placed shot from the grenade launcher and they other guy is dead.
    I think you proved my point, everyone run's around with a grenade launcher up(if they have one) before their rifle, because its one shot one kill....whereas using the actuall rifle is nothing so guaranteed......

(i honistly can't see american's running through iraq doing anything like that....)

Serenity wrote:
    I think you proved my point, everyone run's around with a grenade launcher up(if they have one) before their rifle, because its one shot one kill....whereas using the actuall rifle is nothing so guaranteed......

(i honistly can't see american's running through iraq doing anything like that....)

I can see what you mean but I still don't agree.
    Every game I have played online (mohaa, wolfenstein, hl2 etc.) always has people (usually beginners) who use the most "powerful" weapon because they think its the best. Not so in my opinion.

I play spec ops most of the time and I rack up good kills in BF2 with my unlocked gun, which is more accurate than the default spec ops gun but delivers the same damage, so if I hit someone 4 times I know they will die.
    Anyway, at the end of the day its a game, which was programmed by humans without the help of God of some other super being. Of course its going to have flaws and bugs (god knows it does in this case), but its a hoot and great laugh to play, with countless possibilities in terms of kills etc.

I used to play CS:Source, but I found it ridiculous at times, shooting people loads of times and they don't die. Plus the amount of cheaters ruined the game for me e.g bloke walks around corner and instantly shoots me in the head from 200 yds away. This kind of crap has never happened to me in BF2, if someone knows where I am on a map its because of UAV.

All said and done, I guess it all boils down to individual taste in games.

Keyzer wrote:
    I can see what you mean but I still don't agree.
    Fair enough.
    Every game I have played online (mohaa, wolfenstein, hl2 etc.) always has people (usually beginners) who use the most "powerful" weapon because they think its the best. Not so in my opinion.
    Ah CS and the n00b cannon(automatic shotty)

I play spec ops most of the time and I rack up good kills in BF2 with my unlocked gun, which is more accurate than the default spec ops gun but delivers the same damage, so if I hit someone 4 times I know they will die.
    Anyway, at the end of the day its a game, which was programmed by humans without the help of God of some other super being. Of course its going to have flaws and bugs (god knows it does in this case), but its a hoot and great laugh to play, with countless possibilities in terms of kills etc.
    I used to play CS:Source, but I found it ridiculous at times, shooting people loads of times and they don't die. Plus the amount of cheaters ruined the game for me e.g bloke walks around corner and instantly shoots me in the head from 200 yds away.
    Never really got into CSS, but CS was the same back in the day.(not really about shooting people lots of times though, at most i put about 3/4 bullets in anyone... Usually 1... )
    All said and done, I guess it all boils down to individual taste in games.
    True, true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Serenity wrote:

Its a game. Not a simulation. Ever see someone take a grenade to the face and be miraculously revived without a scratch by a pair of shock paddles?? Or someone jump off a roof and deploy a parachute 3 feet off the ground and land safely?? If you want realism..play operation flashpoint or something..if you want action, with big guns, loud explosions and shiny things, play bf2.

Advertisement