Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Idiot Driver Photos!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

kbannon wrote:
    did you by any chance read my post just up above a small bit?

OOps , sorry , now me bad . Got as far as "I don't think that s correct - From memory, you must not stop on a box junction at all!" and jumped right in ..

My apologies ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

sharkman wrote:
    OOps , sorry , now me bad . Got as far as "I don't think that s correct - From memory, you must not stop on a box junction at all!" and jumped right in ..

My apologies ;)
    forgiven! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

Im not changing the subject or anything but would you say that lanes in most citys in Ireland ie Cork in my case, people do not know which lanes to use so they cut across traffic in the other lanes??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Lads, the rules for box junctions debate has already been done to death.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2759927

Angels wrote:
    Im not changing the subject or anything but would you say that lanes in most citys in Ireland ie Cork in my case, people do not know which lanes to use so they cut across traffic in the other lanes??
    try Dublin's South quays where lane directions turn abruptly and if you are not familiar then you will end up in the wrong lane. A similar situation exists on many of the roundabouts above the M50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

It is okay to stop in a yellow box when you are turning right. Somethingthat seems to have crept in lately is people sitting behind the yellow box when turning right. This causes delays.
    The sitting in this box is known as "Taking control of the junction"

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    try Dublin's South quays where lane directions turn abruptly and if you are not familiar then you will end up in the wrong lane

Those "lanes" are shocking. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Theres a lot of roads like that.. unless you know the area its very easy to be in the wrong lane.. I got caught like that on the south quays the first time, then I learned to just stick in the right hand lane all the way down.

Coming down the N1 towards the airport is the same. Unless you're careful (and ignore the signs pointing you towards the city) you'll end up on the M1 - fine unless you have an L plate on the car :(

Same thing happened to me on the N4.. was following the signs for Tallaght and next thing I'm on the M50 and no way to move back across due to the kerbed divide between lanes.

Of more serious concern though is the total lack of lighting along most of the N2/N3.. especially at junctions known to be dangerous and in conditions like this evening....I was suprised there was only the one accident on the way home :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Theres a lot of roads like that.. unless you know the area its very easy to be in the wrong lane.. I got caught like that on the south quays the first time, then I learned to just stick in the right hand lane all the way down.

Coming down the N1 towards the airport is the same. Unless you're careful (and ignore the signs pointing you towards the city) you'll end up on the M1 - fine unless you have an L plate on the car :(

Same thing happened to me on the N4.. was following the signs for Tallaght and next thing I'm on the M50 and no way to move back across due to the kerbed divide between lanes.

Of more serious concern though is the total lack of lighting along most of the N2/N3.. especially at junctions known to be dangerous and in conditions like this evening....I was suprised there was only the one accident on the way home :(

And it wasnt you for a change???? the N3 is safe for another evening.....lmao:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

kbannon wrote:
    try Dublin's South quays where lane directions turn abruptly and if you are not familiar then you will end up in the wrong lane. A similar situation exists on many of the roundabouts above the M50.
    Yeah, there is one junction on the south quays heading for hueston where on one side of the junction you are in the correct lane but when you pass the junction you end up in between two lanes. It's a complete joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

is it just me then that thinks theses so called lanes are so confusing to some drivers that they take a guess when drivin inner city??

Angels wrote:
    is it just me then that thinks theses so called lanes are so confusing to some drivers that they take a guess when drivin inner city??
    I think the answer is no..it's not just you. It IS very confusing. And signs at the edge of the road about 50m from the turnoff doesn't help either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

In the photo I took the traffic was stopped well before the driver approached, she had a clear view of the yellow box but still drove into it.

:D Sounds like the time I was a passenger with a Learner driver, who rightly stopped before the yellow box. The twat behind was flashing lights & beeping before swerving out around the L-driver and stopping nicely in the yellow box.

Twats.

dealgan wrote:
    :D Sounds like the time I was a passenger with a Learner driver, who rightly stopped before the yellow box. The twat behind was flashing lights & beeping before swerving out around the L-driver and stopping nicely in the yellow box.

Twats.
    Common courtesy is also something lost on muppets like that.. eg: if in slow moving traffic, or a red light is ahead with traffic already stopped at it, I'd usually let a car or two through a junction. Couple of times now you'll get the idiot behind me beeping and such. I usually just look in the mirror and tell them to "go away" (well not quite what I say but can't say things like that here - think of the children!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yeah, there is one junction on the south quays heading for hueston where on one side of the junction you are in the correct lane but when you pass the junction you end up in between two lanes. It's a complete joke.

I dont have a problem with the way it changes at that point.. i assume you mean on the way to heuston right? there are 2 of them i think where the bus lane turns into a turn left and traffic swerves to the right a bit... however the lines on the road are perfectly obvious. I know im used to it but i was fine when i first went through it. I do see idiots cutting into lanes there. I just cant see how they do, they must not be paying attention.

They are not perfectly obvious. At least one of these swerves occurs just after a bridge and is not visible until you are right on it.
    Also with wet night-time traffic, it can be hard to see the lines IIRC.

Advertisement