Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dsl Sync Dropping

• 07-11-2005 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hey,
    I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem:
    Everynow and again my Netopia 3347W decides to drop its DSL Sync to eircom. Its really weird because it could happen once in a week and the next day it could happen four or five times.
    The most bizzare bit about it is if I connect through dial-up while the Synce is gone it magically comes back so I just disconnect the dial-up and use BB again.

Its just really annoying having to dialup all the time to use BB and as well Its gonna cost me having to dial out on my BB line again and again.

Any ideas people?

Cheers,
    eSmurph

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the fact that you have a dial up modem on the line, could be causing this, also, best thing to do is remove all devices from the line and test it, best do it when the line is down

by all devices i mean the following>

fax
    filters
    cordless phone
    all other extensions
    make sure its on the main phone socket
    sky digital
    monitered alarm
    pulse dialling
    pbx system

plug the lavender cable in directly and go from there, try resetting the router also,

let me know how it goes? if the above does not solve it, then you have either a faulty router(try upgrading firmware) or a problem on the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya i have been getting that a good bit for the last few weeks
    bit of a balls when playing games only happened once then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Some DSL routers like the Zytel have a "connect on request"/ "nailed up" setting.

Don't know about the netopia but might be worth a check of the manual / routers WAN page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ressem wrote:
    Some DSL routers like the Zytel have a "connect on request"/ "nailed up" setting.

Don't know about the netopia but might be worth a check of the manual / routers WAN page?
    Yeah, the Netopia 3347W can be set to always on or manual connection.
    Log into the router. Go to Expert mode-->Configure-->Connection. It's down the bottom of that page. If you change the setting you will be prompted to restart the router.
    If thats not the problem make sure you have filters on every device connected to the phoneline (Sky Digibox,fax, all phones etc.).

Advertisement