Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing template

Options
  • 07-11-2005 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey guys I need a hand here...Ive been doing webdesign for about a year now...99% html coding and ive been using free downloadable premade templates as I dont have a breeze how to design one myself...Ive tried but it looks to amateur. I cant use free templates anymore because i know coding now and i need to design something that I like and that is customized.

Does anybody know what program to use to design template e.g flash or something and secondly somewhere that will show me how to use the program.

I would appreciate any help whether small or big!

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You will need two things:-
    * a graphics editor e.g. fireworks, photoshop, gimp, MS paint (:))...
    * an HTML editor - either a text editor or a wysiwyg editor so you can put it ll together.

IMO forget about flash for the moment!

Given you have been doing web design for about a year, what have you being using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Adobe photo shop and notepad = perfection

imo that is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd recommend: Photoshop/ImageReady (or I know lots of people who swear by Macromedia Fireworks) + TextPad (Glorified notepad).
    Avoid 'Flash sites' templates, if you're reason for moving into this is because you want customised and know coding .. Flash is the wrong route IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭denhamd2

Fireworks and Dreamweaver compliment each other perfectly, you can't go wrong with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Ozzy_webster

ya i have all macromedia programs 2004, flash,fireworks,dreamweaver etc, and i have photoshop 9.

When i first started doing webdesign i used good old notepad coz i wanted to learn the hard way rather than do it the easy way using dreamweaver, thought it would be best! which i have to say was...now i use both notepad and dreamweaver just to speed things up.

Id only use photoshop really to change graphics around a little but for designing templates it wouldnt do the job would it?like finishing touch maybe i dont know?!

Would macromedia flash be the one to design the templates?buttons,menu bars the whole skeleton of the website!?

Than just use dreamweaver and notepad to do the coding!?

Its just the question of how to use flash, im using the help option in the program.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You are asking again about Flash - IMO most people dislike it unless it is necessary to perform a specific function e.g. a movie.
    Don't bother using flash to make your buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Ozzy_webster

what does imo mean? right ill try out fireworks tonite and see what its like, thanks for the advice. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

what does imo mean?

In My Opinion.

Advertisement