Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cpanel help

Options
  • 07-11-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hello all,
    First post here so hoping you can help me. Basically I'm looking to use Cpanel to manage my hosting as a mate of mine uses it and he said that its pretty good. Now I've had a look at it and it seems to do the job so I'd be interested to see how much it is. I think he's hosting in the states somewhere so I dunno how to get my hands on it.

Is there a way I can buy it without having to move to another provider? Or is that the only solution?

Cheers :D

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im not sure I understand.
    Are you a host wanting to use it or are you a customer of a hosting company wanting to use it on your hosting a/c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drogman

kbannon wrote:
    Im not sure I understand.
    Are you a host wanting to use it or are you a customer of a hosting company wanting to use it on your hosting a/c

I am customer of a hosting company who is looking into using it. I'm also looking into doing up a few sites for people I know but I don't want to manage it for them so I'd like to pass on the details to them, like a mini reseller if you like;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

What does your current hosting company use? Cpanel is something you can rent with a dedicated server of your own (costs are around 30-50 euro a month for the cpanel alone) or you could become a reseller of a cpanel host?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Cpanel is "ok", but there are plenty of other control panels that do a similar job admirably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drogman

Right so, cheers for that. I'll keep looking around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It needs to be installed on the machine (and not just in your account on a shared hosting machine), so if your host doesn't do it, then, like Steve says, your best bet is to become a reseller of a host that does (unless you're talking of a good number of sites that warrants a dedicated machine, or VPS account).

.cg

Drogman wrote:
    I am customer of a hosting company who is looking into using it. I'm also looking into doing up a few sites for people I know but I don't want to manage it for them so I'd like to pass on the details to them, like a mini reseller if you like;)
    Brave man - I wouldn't let my clients access their control panel as more than likely they will balls the whole thing up - but you will get any blame for any damage to another clients a/c!
    If doing something for a friend then just set up a single site hosting a/c elsewhere and give them all the details and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

kbannon wrote:
    you will get any blame for any damage to another clients a/c!
    You've got bigger issues on your hands if a CP lets one ueser mess up another!

.cg

cgarvey wrote:

.cg
    I think he walked straight into that one :)

cgarvey wrote:

.cg
    oops - I was referring to the standard login you get with multi domain hosting a/cs

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    oops - I was referring to the standard login you get with multi domain hosting a/cs
    You're probably better off getting some form of reseller account if you want to avoid those kind of issues.

I know, I wasn't thinking earlier - Im too tired to be posting my opinions online! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

blacknight wrote:
    Cpanel is "ok", but there are plenty of other control panels that do a similar job admirably.
    which panels would you recommend, I know you have Direct Admin with your hosting, which is nice....Are there any free decent panels out there?

Advertisement