Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG TF Question

Options
  • 07-11-2005 5:21pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi Everybody,

I am looking at buying one of these in the coming weeks does anybody have one or have something to say advice wise.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You will probably get a good few posts relating to rover in general, and their reliability (or possible lack thereof). Don't know too much about that, but from driving an Alfa, I can tell you that the widely believed perceptions are not always true.

A colleageu of mine had one and had no mechanical problems, but he found the lack of storage a serious pain. From what I remember, much more than an overnight bag was a problem.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

yeah storage would be a problem but then so far no kids - touch wood so just me and the missus should fit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

TCP/IP wrote:
    yeah storage would be a problem but then so far no kids - touch wood so just me and the missus should fit

I'm not even talking about kids! If the two of you went away overnight, you would seriously have to think about what you could bring (especially if your missus brings anything like the amount of clothes with her that mine does :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The TF is a great little car, but not practical.
    As per usual check for Head Gasket failure, etc.

go to mg-rover.org and register, itll be worth your while!
    Ask any questions in the "Ask the Gurus" section. They are a really friendly bunch of people and will be more than happy to answer your question.

Personally I love the look of the TF, pitty about the lack of practicality though!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thanks for the feedback lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As the lads said

It's not a bad car (good drivers car) although the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. Was always cheap, and should now be even cheaper. Parts might get expensive

Are you an experienced driver? Can you handle a RWD car on the wet?

One thing that would bother me is that it came second last in this years JD power customer satisfaction survey

Personally, I'd get an MX-5 or an MR2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

unkel wrote:
    Personally, I'd get an MX-5 or an MR2 :)

I second that advice. The MG is not as good as either by almost any measure.

Advertisement