Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10Euro Broadband

• 07-11-2005 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I heard an ad on the radio for BT broadband for 10Euro a month for a year.
    What are the catches? they mentioned something about minimum amount of calls or something.:v: :v:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

not too many catches to be fair to BT except that the BB is €15 not €10 IIRC , thats €15 on top of €24 standard rental so its €39 total.

add a talktime bundle and get another €5 off and BB <could> be €10 for advertising purposes. A good deal if you ring lots of UK and Irish landlines every month .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I think that's the business deal where you have to spend fairly large minimum on calls every month. They then give you BB for a tenner.

Those rates SB is quoting are promotional and are only available for the first four months. The best one is BB + line rental for €25pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

those rates are still good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Considering line rental is about €25, it's basically free broadband for four months. So yes, it's very good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Blaster99 wrote:
    I think that's the business deal where you have to spend fairly large minimum on calls every month. They then give you BB for a tenner.

I do believe your correct...god knows they send me enough spam about the offer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Checking on www.btireland.ie the €10 broadband would appear to be BT Broadband Plus & Line Rental for €35

https://home.btireland.ie/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2FbroadbandPlus

Broadband Plus and Line Rental special offer
    €35 per month for the first 4 months
    €50 per month for every month after
    Reduced one-time connection fee €50
    Six month minimum term
    Save on calls with BT Talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

BT Business offering has broadband for a tenner a month if you switch your phone over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

damien.m wrote:
    BT Business offering has broadband for a tenner a month if you switch your phone over.

I rang BT about this a few weeks ago but your phone spend has to be about €190 or greater a month to get that deal. Or so I was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

IrishTLR wrote:
    I rang BT about this a few weeks ago but your phone spend has to be about €190 or greater a month to get that deal. Or so I was told.
    Yep, that's the deal. You have to spend something like €165.00 per MONTH on phone calls and you then get BB for €10.

NOT WORTH IT imo. If I was spending €165 a month, I'd expect BB for free tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yogiincork

IrishTLR wrote:

WHAT? I just changed to BT BBplus + line rental for 35 bucks a month..they did not mention any minimum spend and just looked up their website and did not find anything about a minimum spend...

...have I just been ripped off by BT or is the quoted info wrong (what I hope :eek:)

Cheers
    Yogi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yogiincork wrote:
    WHAT? I just changed to BT BBplus + line rental for 35 bucks a month..they did not mention any minimum spend and just looked up their website and did not find anything about a minimum spend...

...have I just been ripped off by BT or is the quoted info wrong (what I hope :eek:)

No no, different things, your the residential product, the minimum spend is only on the business product.

Advertisement