Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

to dye or not to dye......?

• 07-11-2005 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

i have naturaly blonde hair but im thinking of dyeing it a kind of deep chocolatey brown. all my frieends keep telling me im mad & lucky to have natural blonde haha blah blah blah...but to be honest im just sick of being blonde! (btw no dumb blonde jokes ok! ;) )
    anyway, has anyone here ever gone from blonde to brown? im just afraid ill regret it or it wont suit me. any opinions?
    thanx
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

try it out, if you dont like it, dye it blonde. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Sure we all dye someday, why put it off? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Smiley :)

Shrimp wrote:
    try it out, if you dont like it, dye it blonde.

yeah i was thinking that but im just afraid if i dont like it & dye it back again that it will damage my hair from dyeing it twice in a short space of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i know a girl whos naturally blonde and she dyes her hair black...its quite high maintenance, as blonde roots on jet black hair look terrible (sorry!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

do a temp dye first then it comes out after a few washes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Master...Card

I went brown and I love it- i have like a slice of blonde in my hair too hard to explain but when my hair is down it's brown on the top and the bottom with really bright blonde going through the middle. It's hard to find a good enough hairdresser to do it and I wouldn't recommend doing a home dye. If your very unsure ask for some nice panels of brown low-lights then if you like it you can go for more low-lights and it wont be as drastic as dying your whole head brown! Good luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

just try a good semi permanent one-ya can always go back to blonde if ya dont like it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I was peroxide blonde (dyed) for years and 2 weeks ago i went brown! i absolutly love it, and would never go back! I still have highlights through it so its not too dark!
    If i were you id get some low-lights first, dark slices through it to give it depth and id say that would look well!! If you get t-bar highlights at top you wont notice your blonde roots so much!
    best of luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Forget brown. Red hair for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

What's your skin tone like? Cos if your quite pale dyeing your hair brown might make you look a bit washed out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

i'm naturally blonde and had been going dark since i was about 17. the roots are a total pain in the arse and look completely ridiculous and i had to get it stripped which ruined it a bit. having said that, i loved being dark and although i'm quite pale skinned i got away with it coz my eyes are so dark. i went back to blonde a few months ago and love it now. go for the change...its no harm and you'll appreciate your own colour more when you go back to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Yea Smiley!...

.. Just dye it!!... It will grow back eventually!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Smiley :)

beanyb wrote:
    What's your skin tone like? Cos if your quite pale dyeing your hair brown might make you look a bit washed out!

im quite sallow skinned so that wont be a problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭the cat

Dye it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

u should post a before and after picture if you do decide to do it. from someone who changes their hair colour very often, i say go for it. doing something small like changing your colour can really give you a lift!plus u get to experiment with different make up and stuff...im such a girl :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I once bleached my hair and then put a bright red dye in it when I hadn't cut my hair for ages. The net affect was something like crusty the clown :v: . I say go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

jeez ^^

sounds scary :o

the most adventourous i went was red highlights, or dyed reddy auburn!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Just cut my hair short, and dyed it Brown...! I like it short, but kinda miss being blonde...!? Will return to my 'roots' soon, but dreading that process.
    Glad I tried, though. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

dark hair for the win

also vibrant colours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I would suggest that you get it done professionally the first time. It is a big cahnge but you will want it to look natural. At the very least go talk to a hairdresser and see what they suggest, that will cost you nothing.

And go to a hairdresser that someone you trust recommends, some hairdressers can be pretty clueless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

as ^^^^ said go to a trusted hairdresser!
    I say go for it but perhaps do it gradually, like go a shade darker each time or somethin ease it in like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, go red or something a bit more unusual (plum or an unnatural colour).

If you're not sure, try one of the non-permanent (wash out) colours, Boots should have a few.

Advertisement