Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the cheapest place to get grass seed?

Options
  • 07-11-2005 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a cheap place to get normal rye grass seed. Most places seem expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Any agri supplies store e.g. down my end that would be Connaught Gold stores in most towns. Check the Golden Pages for agri suppliers and give a few of them a ring. I've just remembered that Lakeland were doing a special on 25 kg bags of grass seed a month ago or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thanks, I will give it a go. BTW sextons in cabinteely off the N11 was one of the cheapest I found. They sell it in their own bags so must be breaking up huge sacks themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

The Garden centre in Durrow (County Laois ?) has a 1/3 off everything (for the next while) and they seem to sell grass seed in big sacks. Sorry, dont know how much it was.

Advertisement