Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Galway and need friends!!

Options
  • 07-11-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

OK the first bit is true maybe not the last. But what I do want to know is where to go to watch various sporty things such as the Ireland rugby (even though I'm a welshman you can't hold that against me) and Celtic. Now of course I am looking for a pub with the best atmosphere as will be rocking up on my lonesome and if any of you posters have a favourite pub please let me know

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You could try The Livingroom or The kings Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah like Tar said the are the best for footie matches although if you don't mind selling your soul the Chelsea supporters club is in Massimo's on sea road (well i think thats the address it's just past dominick street) or you could come to the boards beers late november if you are really REALLY desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

the living room is a nice spot & there very accomadating (sp) if you dont want to watch.

& welcome to galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

sorry for hi-jacking the thread but where is the best place to watch a soccer match which will put on the game no matter who is playing?
    i support sheffield wednesday and when i go into a pub the game is never on and most pubs prefer to put on eastenders etc than the football!
    tomorrow night wednesday play cardiff and wouldnt mind knowing a pub will show it definitely instead of chancing going to one and then getting turned away!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

You could try The Livingroom or The kings Head.
    Neither are great for rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

King's Head is best for sports as they have a massive screen above the stage. Usually a great atmosphere. My fav for GAA, soccer etc

If your'e new in town it's a good place to meet other newbies as it's kinda touristy...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

sorry for hi-jacking the thread but where is the best place to watch a soccer match which will put on the game no matter who is playing?
    i support sheffield wednesday and when i go into a pub the game is never on and most pubs prefer to put on eastenders etc than the football!
    tomorrow night wednesday play cardiff and wouldnt mind knowing a pub will show it definitely instead of chancing going to one and then getting turned away!

thanks

Ask the barman.

People watching Eastenders in a pub should be removed from the genepool...though the cause may be the cure - the show is soooo depressing they'll probably top themselves before they reach critical mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

thanks

what channel is showing that match?
    not working tomorrow night but i can probably get it put on for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

thanks

as i said above the living room is a good bet because thay have the small telly up the very top, i support southampton & they often sorted me out in there. ive not tried scince we went down to the ccc (got sky in) but worth asking

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ARGINITE wrote:
    Neither are great for rugby.
    Care to make a suggestion then?
    Plus I was just going on what people say, don't watch it much myself.When I did however those places seemed prett good.

• Advertisement

jabberwock wrote:
    what channel is showing that match?
    not working tomorrow night but i can probably get it put on for you.

it will be on sky sports 1 as far as i can remember.
    although looking at schedule, celtic and rangers will be on setanta tonight!

ya, will have the game on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Cheers for your help may try Kings head for Celtic game tonight and carry on asking round to see if anyone will show Wales V Fiji on Friday night.

jabberwock wrote:
    ya, will have the game on tonight

what pub is that????

blu

thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i support sheffield wednesday

ROFL

Advertisement