Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pub in Dundalk?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

pighead ive saved him the trouble, i wouldnt want to clog up any more threads with my useless points than i already have :rolleyes:

Glad you starting to see some sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Was that aimed at me? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i jus love courtneys on a saturday night and den on to vicars and lawlors on a thursday night!!vertigo are brill!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

ah someone who shares my opinion, a girl after my own heart ;)

no bounty hunter that was aimed at me :rolleyes:

flynnser19 wrote:
    i jus love courtneys on a saturday night and den on to vicars and lawlors on a thursday night!!vertigo are brill!!
    Was that last bit sarcasm by any chance?

• Advertisement

ah someone who shares my opinion, a girl after my own heart ;)

no bounty hunter that was aimed at me :rolleyes:
    Ah yes, it was edited to quote you ;)

Back on topic, somebody mentioned this to me today and I've actually never thought about it before.
    Would anybody be put off going to the Spirit Store because it's so far out of the centre of town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

thing is if you go to park street and the place is ****e you can go somewhere else handily enough. If you go to the Spirit Store and theres no crack you have a bit of a trapse back into town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Pighead wrote:
    .I remember back in the day watching live bands in Wisemans and shooting some magnificent drunken pool afterwards.It was a simple life but a great one.

I remember wisemans was brilliant for gigs. Those were great days. There was a great atmosphere about the town and loads of young bands. I remember Wendimiller and Thirteen played a doubleheader there. Those boys could rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fran2vp

i think lawlors is the best pub in the town cus its the only place that has half decent live music apart from the spirit store.it can be too busy at times but i think some of the barstaff make up for it with there looks and charm.:p

i agree ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I was in Courtneys on Saturday and I have to say the pints of Guiness were lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Monkey beater

fran2vp wrote:
    i think lawlors is the best pub in the town cus its the only place that has half decent live music apart from the spirit store.it can be too busy at times but i think some of the barstaff make up for it with there looks and charm.:p

Fran2vp, Looks & Charm?? They look more like Monkeys. how could you like the looks and charms of a "monkey"? :confused:

you're lookin at the wrong barmen ;) ah come on its not a big pub!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Im actually laughing here reading the last few posts on this thread , isnt the barman in lawlors nickname actually MONKEY !

which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 r_sheridan

iv only ever been in gormleys! tis the blokes favourtist pub! bit on the titchy side, impressed with the prices, and cant go wrong with vodka!!

the imperial staff's pub ;)

Gormleys is great for an early drink on a Saturday or Sunday whe you are dying;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

Sarge wrote:
    Im actually laughing here reading the last few posts on this thread , isnt the barman in lawlors nickname actually MONKEY !

yeah he is called monkey... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

d-arke wrote:
    I can't believe no one hasn't mentioned the Dundalk Institute of Technologys very own pub. Perfect solution to a half day on Mondays..... and Tuesdays.... and well, every day of the week is a half day in that college when its your 4th year so you get the picture. Or having a quick few pints in the Malthouse before getting the bus right outside and having a sleep at 2pm on the way home. Twas great!! In fact that was the only thing I liked about the college

you've just described roughly my typical day right there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

d-arke wrote:
    I can't believe no one hasn't mentioned the Dundalk Institute of Technologys very own pub. Perfect solution to a half day on Mondays..... and Tuesdays.... and well, every day of the week is a half day in that college when its your 4th year so you get the picture. Or having a quick few pints in the Malthouse before getting the bus right outside and having a sleep at 2pm on the way home. Twas great!! In fact that was the only thing I liked about the college

:rolleyes: perhaps you should read the review for that pub on dundalkonline.net

its a 'little' different than that.... (but you can dispute it on the dol forums)

its about fourth from the top i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 astonvilla

the centuary bar is best pub in dundalk for few quiet pints
    guiness is awesome there, and plus sometimes some fine cailini about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lanch

Fantastic disco with phenomenal women, it'll bring a tear to your eye

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tIS hImSelF

I said it before and I'll say it again the Beerkeeper is the best bar in this town. Fantastic selection of Beer, great athmosphere (all the time) open fires, great women (especially at the weekend), no other pub comes near! Seriously!!

The worst pub in town has to be that god for saking dump beside the AOH - the Ramblers. ****ing the biggest **** hole ever. I'd feel more safer drinking in one of those ****ty bars in bridge street than I would in the Ramblers
    Avoid at all costs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

I'm not from Dundalk but in the late 1980s I went to a pub near the port with a darts team. I think it may have been called "The Boathouse"??. My God it was rough. The TV was in a cage with a perspex screen at the front. The ashtrays were made from tinfoil so they couldn't be thrown at anyone and as far as I remember the beer was served in plastic glasses. Is it still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tIS hImSelF

The only pub on the docks in dundalk is the spirit store, it actually closed around 88/89, back then it was an early morning pub for the workers on the ships, it was run by the Mee family (they run the furniture beside the pub now).

I'd would'nt say they had a darts team - the way you described it sounds a bit like the Danny Boys that is at the entrance of the quay (quay st side)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

That new Brubakers place (formerly moes) is a bit of alright. Looks the part, just remains to see what sort of clientele it attracts. The Carlsberg was average in it on Friday night, but perhaps this will improve with a bit of a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Dr. Dre wrote:
    That new Brubakers place (formerly moes) is a bit of alright. Looks the part, just remains to see what sort of clientele it attracts. The Carlsberg was average in it on Friday night, but perhaps this will improve with a bit of a run.

Aye, did a fair bit of work in that place over the past few months....it turned out nice...sure put a lot of design detail into it and seem to be going for the upmarket crowd, but the guy that owns it seems to be pretty down to earth so maybe they'll keep it real on the door. Lot of cash poured into it and it shows...more flat screens than Harvey Norman's :v:
    The smoking area pwns.

Oh and to whoever's on about the pub on the quay...they sure they're not on about The Danny Boy's? They had a mean darts team IIRC and the bit about the TV sounds right as well...dunno if it's still open but if not it's not long closed....think they may be building on or close to it's site, been a while since I was down that direction.

Aye. Brubakers is a nice spot. A lot nicer than when it was Moes(****hole). Pints of Guinness were fine in it. Wasn't in it too late so don't know what the cailini were like after about 8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 johnboybob

Nicest pint I had in a long time.
    Good swag.

Advertisement