Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okami

Options
  • 07-11-2005 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else heard of this game? It looks amazing. You have to use the R1 button to make a paintbrush appear, with which you slice through enemies, build bridges, ropes, and add stars to constellations, in order to progress through the game. Nice and innovative eh? Only downside is the release date: March. :(
    IGN wrote:
    Okami takes place in a time when people still believed in the existence of God. The world has become a lifeless place, as shown in the game's use of Hokusai-style Japanese woodblock print visuals. Playing as Ama Terasu, a sun god who takes on the form of a wolf, your goal is to bring life back to the world. Bringing life back to the world involves defeating lots of beasts. With each beast you defeat, the world's life force is restored just a bit, with colors and eventually people appearing.

920500_20050516_screen004.jpg
    920500_20050516_screen003.jpg
    920500_20050516_screen011.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

been following for a while yea.
    better be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

It sounds like a great idea but using an analogue stick to draw anything more than basic shapes would be a serious pain in the ass. Hopefully in combat everything will be simple. The cartoon rendering sort of effect is amazing, it looks even better in video than in picture. Unfortunately it'll probably fail miserably in terms of sales when it comes out...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

This one will be a shocker of a game i think. its just gonna be origianal and good to play like viewtiful joe was(same developer)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't wait for this game. Capcom have rarely disappointed and if it is anywhere near as good as the Viewtiful Joe games then it will be a must have. I love the visual style as well. It will probably be 'borrowed' by EA for their next def jam vendetta game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ooh wow... that looks beautiful! Saw some of the screenshots a while back, but it just looks really nice! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Digging I know, but in Games TM (I think it was), they reviewed Okami and gave it
    9/10
    . Out next month I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

nah okami wont be until the end of the year if not next year. unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I read that review too... I can't remember either what mag it was in! REALLY want this game... it's one of the ones that went on my mass preordering blitz last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DiscoMouse

*Sigh* This game has been kicked back so many times, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled an EU release, not after killer7's lack of success, anyway.

Advertisement