Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos least hassle to get a biz bank account

Options
  • 07-11-2005 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

hey, looking to start up a bank account purely for lodgeing cheques, which bank is the least hassle to do this with? as in not needing a big long meeting, and a business plan to show them, all i have is a sole trader registered name. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

I'm in the same position. Sole trader, no business plan, just wanted a cash account with cheque book. Ulster Bank were fine for all this. Plus I decided 2 months later I wanted a MasterCard and I got it, no bother.

No meeting really, I was in about my mortgage and just asked at the time to set-up a business account and they said 'ok'! That's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

great thanks :) i'll go in tomorrow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

I recently set up with bank of ireland. They are offering two years free banking / internet banking for start up companies. Set up process was painless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

ok thanks i'll look into that also, btw is there a facility where vat collection can be automatically sent to another account? like if i lodge a cheque for 1000 euro, 21% of that automatically gets send to my VAT holding account or is that not something banks do... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

I can't imagine banks doing that for you tbh. If they did, they would certainly charge you for the second (or 'vat holding') account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement