Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCi-Fi Soc Tommorrow night

Options
  • 07-11-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I'm going along to the showing of Family Guy episodes tomorrow night.

I'd also like to bring a 2 friends along who are not members. Can you join at the door going in?

The problem is that one of them is in trinity so would not be able to join even if he wanted.

Any members here know how lenient they are at the door? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

When I was auditor we would not have cared - the same was the case with the 3 auditors before and after me - I can not imagine that things have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Last time I was at it (the first night) they said that they didn't mind non members being there that night but they'd be checking cards after that. Probably an empty threat though

As long as you join at the door there should not be any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Just tell the trinity guy to make up a student number it doesn't matter, it's not as if they actually check this sorta stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

You can join as a non student, but do *not* make up a student number, you'll get Sci-Fi into trouble if it's checked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

Season five is where its at.... not that I would know anything about that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'm not a member. Went to the last one with 3 or 4 ppl who were also not members. No probs.

Frankly I wouldn't have a problem with joining at this stage, but the Sci-Fi guys seemed so easygoing on the matter that they weren't too bothered about indoctrinating us - I mean, getting us to join.

They have always been a really great bunch of people - you would be suprised how many women join though I joined because the men were cute (well actually it was just a benefit). I have been into science fiction all of my life but the people in the Sci Fi are the nicest bunch of friends that you could ever want.

Advertisement