Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple numbers, 1 account?

• 07-11-2005 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know off-hand if any Irish provider offers 1 account with multiple numbers (geo or non-geo)? I'm thinking of a virtual secretary type scenario, where you'd want a different answer depending on which incoming number had been dialled. It's possible to setup multiple accounts, I'm sure, but I want a cheaper option than that.

Cheers

.cg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

based on what I learned from blueface you should be able to do this. I have an 01 number with them right now. I can add additional 01 numbers no problem at a very reasonable fee

setting up the hardware might be a different story. I could see how a few linksys PAP-2NA each with 2 lines could work - or a few VOIP handsets

if I were setting up a multiple line phone business VOIP would (to the uneducated me) seem to be the most cost effective way to go. plus i really really like the way the end user can organize their lines themselves - no matter where I am in the world I can set it up so my 01 number rings either on an ATA/VOIP phone/laptop - so long as I have internet access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

OK, ta for that. I guess it's down to how they'd implement the subsequent numbers. If it was different SIP logins, that'd be ideal (I could setup asterisk to do the magic then). I'll give them a shout soon (I'm in no hurry), and try to remember to update my own thread. Ta for that.

.cg

Advertisement