Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toys4bigboys

Options
  • 07-11-2005 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭

This thing is such a rip-off! Unless yer going in for the pimped cars, I didn't feel it was at all worth €16 PER PERSON just to get inside last year. Be warned!

If you can, try get reduced tickets, see if there's any promos going in the papers or whatever. Starts this weekend (11th Nov)

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I have always found that people who go out of their way to pay into an event where they can be sold to, are a bit naive. Why would you. You'd have more fun biddding on ebay for the latest gadget. Or go to the gadget forum here and peruse at your leisure, and for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

oneweb wrote:
    This thing is such a rip-off! Unless yer going in for the pimped cars, I didn't feel it was at all worth €16 PER PERSON just to get inside last year. Be warned!

If you can, try get reduced tickets, see if there's any promos going in the papers or whatever. Starts this weekend (11th Nov)
    I was at this last year but I DEFINITELY didn't pay €16, I'm way too tight for that!! Can't remember how I got in, maybe somebody gave me a free ticket. Have to agree with you though, not worth paying €6, never mind €16.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's basically a show where they're trying to sell you gadgets. Why should you pay to enter? You'll probably part with enough of your cash while in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

dudara wrote:
    It's basically a show where they're trying to sell you gadgets. Why should you pay to enter? You'll probably part with enough of your cash while in there

Not worth €1 into this steaming pile of crap. I went the 1st year it was on and wished i could've got my 30minutes i spent there back. Since when is a Jacuzzi and a sauna a toy?

Honey, I'm just popping out to play with the sauna.

Another thing that was their the 1st year - a helicopter. A toy that no big boy can go without, if he has several hundred grand in cahs lying around his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I totally agree - I went the first year it was on and I couldn't believe how bad it was. I was expecting all the latest and greatest gadgets - I was very mistaken.

All it has is stuff that's been around for ages - there was no new, cool, must-have stuff, which is what I would have expected for this sort of thing.

Avoid at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

More bad reviews...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848272

...and a link to 2for1 tickets
    http://www.mediateam.ie/t4bb/TicketOffer.pdf
    ...if you still feel the need to go.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

I got free tickets and I even felt ripped off.

Just was very very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

It's being reviewed on the pat kenny show at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I got free tickets and I even felt ripped off.

Just was very very bad
    got some free tickets meself too, but thought there were a couple of minor amusements, personally.

aston from living daylights was nice to see, and the DB9 convertible was there. a few kit cars (AC Cobra etc. usual stuff) and a couple of boats too.

plenty of girls, but meh, tbh, getting too old for that to be that interesting to me. old enough to have my own now, and she's smart enough not to want to dye her hair a dodgy shade of blonde. ;)

all in all, not groundbreaking stuff, although Nokia was showing off the new N series phones, which won't be with us fill feb, but again, not exaclt mind blowing at this stage. maybe a year ago they might have been. evolution rather than revolution.
    [align=right]13.16.137.10[/align]

Advertisement