Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Bravo Question

Options
  • 07-11-2005 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I know that there arent many fans around here of the fiat punto because of it's notorious reliability etc. but I want to know if the same goes for the Bravo? Example of what i'd be interested in:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=231289

Also appreciate any comments about bravos in general.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I had a bravo for 2 years and i loved it. best car i ever got

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

blahblah06 wrote:
    I had a bravo for 2 years and i loved it. best car i ever got
    Did you have it from new? We've had 3 FIATs now....none of which have given one single ounce of trouble (clutch cable snapped on one of them and that's it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Hi mate,

No i didnt it was a 98 had it last yr and the yr before. I think the only thing that went wrong with mine was the ignition but it only cost 150 quid or so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

My wife has a Punto. Its a great little car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yeah I was almost definite on getting a punto but after seeing bravos I dont see why I would go for the punto. I mean the bravos manlier lucking (:D) and you seem to get a better, newer car with lower mileage than what you would get in a punto of the same price.

Im just trying to find the catch, theres always a catch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

5 Fiats have gone through my family since 96, three of them Bravo's no real problems with any of them,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

This is the strangest Fiat thread I've ever read....usually they get a complete bashing but all I'm hearin in this one is praise praise praise.....weird

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I had a 1997 bravo, it was a 1.4 12v which was thirstier and marginally less powerful than the 1.2 16v. Apart from normal servicing it needed a new clutch at 80k miles (hardly unusual on a petrol car), which I got replaced at a main dealers for €350 including an oil and filter change as well, and a suspension bushing replaced for the NCT. The one criticism I'd have of them is that the steering is very light and does not provide enough feedback from the road.

Advertisement