Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

outlook express

• 07-11-2005 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

just wondering what to put in when they ask for incoming mail server and outgoing mail server I'm not great with computers and my girlfriend wit a degree in IT doesn't seem to know(bit strange i think) plz help this computer illiterate idiot!!................. or is she the idiot????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

hi gar,

it depends who your mail server is! Is it hotmail? eircom? other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

You should sign up for an internet mail account.
    Then look up the help for the particular site.

For example www.gmail.com uses
    pop.googlemail.com
    and
    smtp.googlemail.com

respectively. Most webmail sites will have automated scripts that will set up outlook express with their particular info on their web site's help page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Gar81

yea i'm wit eircom
    thx all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Behold! support.eircom.net :
    http://tinyurl.com/d9658 - in detail,and with pic's..

incoming & outgoing: mail1.eircom.net (or mail2.eircom.net) should do it..
    (incoming could be pop.eircom.net also)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

I take it hotmail have no mail server address's for outlook express?
    I have a eircom and BT e-mail account, but hotmail would be the main on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can add in Hotmail. When it asks you what account type, you just choose Hotmail instead of POP or IMAP (or just stick in your hotmail address when it asks what your address is).

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

Didn't MSN decide quite a while ago that POP access to their accounts would only be available to Hotmail Plus subscribers?

Advertisement