Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

newbie looking for Windows movie maker help

• 08-11-2005 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

hey there,
    i'm looking for some help on editing a video in microsoft movie maker,
    basically i'm putting family videos onto dvd,
    i imported the video and accompanying audio into the windows movie maker application,
    i want to add some mp3 files also to the mix, basically i muted the audio on the actual video track and imported an mp3 to play over it.
    But whenever i Import an mp3 file it's about 25% short of it's full running length, i.e a 3 mins and 20 second song is imported as a 2 min and 40 second audio track. so when you play it it just stops dead beofe the end, i tried clicking and dragging the end to stretch the file but when i checked the file properties in windows movie maker it declares the file as 2 mins 40 odd instead of 3mins 20, whats bothering me is i thought windows movie maker only referenced the file, i.e it was in the same folder it always was and the application just knows where to look when to play it, so how can explorer be saying the file is 3mins and odd long and inside movie maker it's only 2 mins and odd long,
    can anyone help , i'm trying to get one piece finished for my nieces birthday on saturday (don't worry it's not her gift, i'm not that scabby)

thanks for any help you can lend guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

it's alright i figured it out, it's something to do with the file itself, i got it through audiograbber so i ripped it again in windows media player and it works fine now.
    sorry for any hassle.

Advertisement