Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation of Bath Road area in Balbriggan

• 08-11-2005 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

What is the reputation of Bath Road area in Balbriggan?
    I'm thinking about moving there from Dublin but have no idea about
    the place. What is going on beyond the tunnel towards Martello Tower
    after dark? Many cars go there and back and it's totally dark out there.

What about the traffic? How long would it take to drive from Balbriggan generally to say D7 in the morning and back around 6pm?

Thanks for your opinions,
    Luck

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Luck wrote:
    What is the reputation of Bath Road area in Balbriggan?
    I'm thinking about moving there from Dublin but have no idea about
    the place.

It's mostly a quiet area with grown up families. The majority of the bad elements who once lived around here are now moved away or have grown out of their anti social carry on. All in all there are worse places, both in and out of Balbriggan.

Originally this was a council estate but a lot of the residents own their own houses now.

Some well respected member of the local community live in Bath Road, town councilers etc..,
    Luck wrote:
    What is going on beyond the tunnel towards Martello Tower
    after dark? Many cars go there and back and it's totally dark out there.

What tunnel? Do you mean the railway bridge? The far side of this is Blackrock beach. I presume people are driving down there to have a shag in the car or perhaps smoke a few joints in the car and chill out. Nice and sceanic. The national seal scanturay will be built down there within the next couple of years.

25th February 2005

“This is a recognition for decades of voluntary work”

Green Party Leader, Trevor Sargent TD, has warmly welcomed the announcement by Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism, Mr. John O'Donoghue TD of €2,000,000 towards the construction of the first ever Marine Conservation Centre in Ireland.

Mr Sargent said today, " Every other coastal EU member state has such a vital marine facility. Ireland instead has depended for decades on the tireless work and expertise of volunteers in the Irish Seal Sanctuary whenever marine wildlife was found injured or orphaned around our coast. This announcement hopefully marks the end of an era of State neglect of marine conservation."

" Marine Conservation Centres in Portferry in the North and elsewhere are famous, not only for their excellent conservation but also as tourist attractions.”

Mr. Sargent said that the Balbriggan facility, which will include a playground and a coffee shop, is expected to attract 100,000 visitors per year and will also be a resource for the study of marine biology."

The Dublin North TD has also thanked Fingal County Council for their practical assistance in advancing the project and the fantastic site allocated for the new centre which includes a Martello Tower, a Bath House and old Boat House with slipway.
    Luck wrote:
    What about the traffic? How long would it take to drive from Balbriggan generally to say D7 in the morning and back around 6pm?

Depends on the day, what time you leave, the weather, the time of year.. lots of parameters. Roughly 1 hour to get home. If you leave at 7am in the monring you'd be in for 8am, if you leave at 7.30am you'd be in for 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Its the same in every town - there is always one estate that has a bad name. I dont know why because i never heard of any trouble in this estate, its always in Pinewood up the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

i'd go along with bluetonic on this, they know what their talking about. i'd say its got better prospects at the minute compared to whats going to happen with the new estates up by the garda station........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Luck

Thanks to all for your comments!

What do you think is the future of these new developments? Moving to
    Baron's ***, or Chieftains *** is one of my options.

Regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Luck wrote:
    Thanks to all for your comments!

What do you think is the future of these new developments? Moving to
    Baron's ***, or Chieftains *** is one of my options.

Regards,

The future of these new developments can only be good, I don't think it's possible for them to slip further down the scale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement