Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark 2009 and 2013 on your calander

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/378/16387_Boriska.html
    A strange russian child, who claims to be a reincarnated martian, predicts that the world will experience two major catastrophes. on in 2009 and one in 2012.

the original article about this you can be found below
    http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/12257_Martian.html

I would imagine most calendars would have 2009 marked on them ...

Still, its getting a bit too depressing waiting for the world to end and constantly being let down ... first their was the let down in the 80s .. then the whole disappointment of 2000 (and 2001, the millenium for people who can count) .. now this ... I promised myself I wouldn't let anything get my hopes up again ... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Pravda is a complete rag, it's the russian equivalent of The Sun. I won't be holding my breath in 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I thought the next one was 2012 when the earth enters its next epoch?

Yeah I think the Mayas predicted something for 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

iregk wrote:
    I thought the next one was 2012 when the earth enters its next epoch?

No the next time the world is supposed to end is next year 2006. I was watching a programme there last year and this fellow was saying that the world was going to end in 2006. He had pridicted it from the bible, he had also predited that some famous fellow was going to be shot and he was. I think it was called the bible stories. Anyway the same things were found in the book "Moby Dick", so maybe it is complete rubbish. Sure the world always ends every few years doesnt it? lol.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's right, the "Bible Code" fella. When it was suggested that the predictions were completely random he challenged them to find one in Moby Dick. They searched for his name, and sure enough found it, with "He will be killed" on the page!
    Here's some of the responses to the Bible Code

And the Moby Dick "prophecies"

Sorry, this is getting a bit off-topic. Anyway, I guess what we can say is that the end of the world could happen any time, so there's no use worrying about it. All the more reason to enjoy life while you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I thought the whole bible code was thrown out as bull no?

The mayans did predict the 2012 dr z yes and I have been studying them for a while and quite a lot of what they said has happened. Thing is though, they didn't exactly say the world would end in 2012. They said the earth enters its next epoch in 2012 which will see our dna expand and our minds begin to enter the 4th dimension of awareness.

So they actually said the world will change hugely from 2012 into something we are totally alien so, however many took this as the world was ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

hmmm, the russian baby neglected to tell us about the tsunami or hurricane Katrina too the little ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

imo those bible codes etc. are a load of bull ****. sry for goin off topic but u can find anything u want in the bible if u look hard enough

imo those bible codes etc. are a load of bull ****. sry for goin off topic but u can find anything u want in the bible if u look hard enough
    Yep click the link in my previous post, it basically disproves the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭booth

iregk wrote:
    I thought the whole bible code was thrown out as bull no?

The mayans did predict the 2012 dr z yes and I have been studying them for a while and quite a lot of what they said has happened. Thing is though, they didn't exactly say the world would end in 2012. They said the earth enters its next epoch in 2012 which will see our dna expand and our minds begin to enter the 4th dimension of awareness.

So they actually said the world will change hugely from 2012 into something we are totally alien so, however many took this as the world was ending.

The start of the next Mayan 'cycle' is the 27th Dec 2012 but the last 5 days of every Mayan year are regarded as evil so the 21st Dec 2012 may be a good start to the end of existence as we recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

The kid didn't say the world would end, he said there would be catastrophies including water.
    Maybe he didn't mention katrina or the tsunami coz they're nothing compared to the two things that happen in 2009 and 2012.
    Either that or he's full of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Sorry for dragging up old threads but i thought i'd tell ya that the world is supposed to end this year. 06/06/06.

It would be unfair of me to let you think that you had another 3 or 6 years left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Sorry for dragging up old threads but i thought i'd tell ya that the world is supposed to end this year. 06/06/06.

It would be unfair of me to let you think that you had another 3 or 6 years left.

Thanks for that, missingtime. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Sorry OT: Will I still get to see the remake of The Omen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

This is amazing. Does anybody have anymore info on this kid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

If the child has human anatomy then it is a human child. If there is an alien inside of him then the Alien would be visible. Biggest load of bs I've ever heard. Of course something bad is going to happen in the years mentioned. Something always does. Concerning water? Sure plenty of people drown every single year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement