Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back Acne

• 08-11-2005 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ive seen a few posts about people with back acne and solutions on how to cure or tame it. I used to get spots on my face but changed my diet. Along with losing a lot of excess weight my face cleared up very well. However my back is still a problem. Even with what I consider a relatively good diet, plenty of water, very little sugary foods, plenty of fruit etc. I still get outbursts of maybe 3/4 spots, and they are quite big and painful. My back is quite scarred from previous spots too. I even do as suggested and shower with hot water and then rinse off with freezing cold water closing the poures.

I've seen some solutions on here involving baking powder and other methods, I never tried any of them because I just started taking tablets for my back and wanted to give them a go, they didn't really work and it's not a good idea to be taking tablets if there are other ways to cure it.

Perhaps there is something still in my diet that is causing it? Fruit perhaps (naturally sugary)?

If anyone who has a solution, please share. I'll try them and see how I get on:)

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Have you been to the doctor? It might seem a bit far fetched for a dose of spots but there are loads of antibiotics available now and from reading your thread you've only really changed your diet which is great but thats often not enough, acne is a bug like any other and it is treatable, unfortunately some people are easier treated than others but if you managed to clear your face up with just changing your diet then id say medication would work well on you're back (Although Im not a doctor.. just speaking from experience)... good luck with it anyway.. :) PS There is a drug called Minosin which worked well for me and other people I knew in school who suffered with spots.. that was a good few years ago so Im sure theres new stuff on the market but it worked wonders for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

My sister had acne for a while aswell and a friend's mom suggested that she went to the doctor. I know it sounds odd but it's actually a very common complaint. They put her on tablets to try and told her that if they didn't work she could come back and try something else, but it was completely gone after a month. Id really suggest that you try it because it's such an easy thing to get you down when it is actually usually very easy to get rid of. Good luck with that anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Master...Card

Hi,

I was watching a programme on TV there recently and a guy had acne on his back which turned out to be caused by the shampoo he was using. Not saying this is what is causing your acne but perhaps give changing your shampoo a try and see how you get on. Also if you go to a health shop and explain the problem they could give you a cleanser or lotion which is very natural and while clearing up the condition, actually improves the texture and look of your skin as a whole.

Good Luck!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bungeecork

One persons petty problem can be a real issue for the next person.

Take this to your Doctor.

Important: Not all Doctors are able to press the reset button between patients. If you're unlucky enough to get a "get plenty of fresh air and drink more water" style response from your Doctor - go to another Doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Antibiotics are your answer, go to the doctor and if they are competent, they should realise that you are in need of an antibiotic along the lines of oxytetracycline. Plenty of fruit and water are a good natural remedy and you should make sure you have plenty of both. Other than that, you might seem to need the assistance of antibiotics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,
    thanks for all the replies!!! Unfortunately, I don't reeally want to try the anti biotic way as taking any anti biotic for a long period of time may damage me and all that, I'd prefer to put up with them a bit longer than having worse problems because of the anti biotics in the future. I was actually perscribed with oxytetracycline, but I didn't take it as directed, I would either forget about it or not have the tablets with me when I should have been taking them. There was no real improvement when I did take them either, I know this is probably why. Does anyone know of any non drug related remedies or cures?. I don't think it's my shampoo. I'm not sure though, it could be anything. Has anyone had thew same problem and had to go through a series of basically testing everything you do? Cut out fruit, change shampoo, or any other possible causes?
    cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 OrlaOrla

I had acne for ages and used a variety of things including roaccutance which made me very depressed although it cleared up my skin.At the moment im on an antibiotic called oxitetracycline which had worked wonders,it makes you a bit tired but besides that its fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Spots are caused by diet and stress
    Acne is caused by hormones
    If you have acne no matter what food you eat you will still get spots though
    maybe not as many
    Thats what the doc told me at least
    Only solution is go see a pro or it might never clear up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

there is a prescription gel called zindaclin which is excellent. As your doc about it. I have used tetracyclines, minocin and benzoyl peroxide. None of them worked for me. I changed to zindaclin and the results are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Goto your doctor.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement