Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the movies

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I don't know how many movies you have watched but it is suceptible to repetition. If I see one more spinning camera going into a someones mouth or the sniper scene from Saving Private Ryan....
    I think it will take time for the quality to appear but it will take even more for them to be recognised since the world and his mother will be submitting movies to get access to the free stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I made a movie, it made no sense, there were random costume changes and hair changes, gay cowboys, and the bad guy changed several times. Sandbox-mode is handy if you want to make a custom movie (without playing the Tycoon part). Will play around with it some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yea i think i have mad 3 gay movies & only one of them was on purpose

1 lesbian romance (on purpose :D )
    1 lesbian horror (random script with 2 actors i put in)
    1 gay comedy (random script with 2 actors i put in)

the commedy was the best one, & was actually funny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can someone tell me the specs for this game. Min.

Would it be poissble to make something [im only intrested in making a small film, probably use a cheat to access all props etc]

-Lip sync etc ? add your own voice
    -How good is character editing [are there just given models]
    -Action wise [anyway to make your own] ? EG: you can tell them where to walk atleast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

u can unlock the extra stuff for the sandbox mode by doing this
    go to: C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User Name]\Application Data\Lionhead Studios\The Movies\Unlocking.ini the folder is hidden so make sure u can view hidden folders then change the contents to b like:

highest_decade = 2000
    [prizes]
    RANKPRIZE_1
    RANKPRIZE_2
    RANKPRIZE_24
    RANKPRIZE_25

fill it all in 1 to 25

lip sync i havnt done yet suppost to b good and easy to use
    action wise there is alot of stuff but its all predefined as in set actions etc
    watch some of the movie people have already made to quickly see what u can do
    main site:http://movies.lionhead.com/movies
    my favourite: http://movies.lionhead.com/movie/1517

specs are low too:
    Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
    Pentium III 800 MHz or Athlon 800MHz processor or higher
    256MB RAM
    8x Speed CD-ROM drive and latest drivers
    2.4 GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows swap file)
    100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
    100% Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
    DirectX 9.0c (included)
    Updated Windows Media Player 9 Codecs (included)
    800 x 600 Monitor Resolution
    100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and latest drivers*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Placebo wrote:
    can someone tell me the specs for this game. Min.

Would it be poissble to make something [im only intrested in making a small film, probably use a cheat to access all props etc]

-Lip sync etc ? add your own voice
    -How good is character editing [are there just given models]
    -Action wise [anyway to make your own] ? EG: you can tell them where to walk atleast ?

Yes you can record your own voice during the playback in post production, and then lip synch it to the actors.
    The character editing is quite strong, there is a program called Starmarker that comes with it that lets you do just about anything, raising/ lowering cheekbones, aligning eyebrows, changing forehead size...even the width of the bride of the nose. So yeah...very very open.
    All the scenes are stored, but there...lots... So you would have one called "walks into shot with briefcase", but then could change it a litte by adjusting which hand he holds it in and what type of briefcase it is, but its not really possible to change actors movements whatever way you want...I mean, its a game, not an animation suite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I'm having trouble installing it. In that I can't. You see my computer only has one drive and it won't install because the game contains technology to prevent copying. Does anyone know a way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

ChumpStain wrote:
    I'm having trouble installing it. In that I can't. You see my computer only has one drive and it won't install because the game contains technology to prevent copying. Does anyone know a way around this?

you could try partitioning your harddrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

tba wrote:
    you could try partitioning your harddrive
    I presume he meant disc drive... I don't see at all how an extra HDD partition would solve anything. Unless it happened to be the most retarded copy protection scheme on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ChumpStain wrote:

What SPECIFICALLY is the problem and how is your hard drive set up. I have NEVER come accross a game that refuses to install as a result of copy protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

It happens(albeit usually after installing). Some games have programs that create virtual drives blacklisted. Try uninstalling any software you use to burn CD's/DVD's.

Advertisement