Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the dude that died

• 08-11-2005 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

hey i was wondering is this true, my mate was sayin that some guy died from playin wow after like 50 hours or something, like the police were looking for him and everything, is this true.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

i heard it was a girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

This has happened many times with various games in the last few years in Asia. They're mental they really are. :)

Even here in Dublin in an internet cafe I used to work in part-time there would be Asian guys working all day then coming in and playing Diablo/Mir all night and maybe getting a few hours sleep (sometimes at the keyboard!) before going to work again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

thats totally fcuked up....heard it was a fella. he wasnt finished work and rang his wife or something and said he was working late and played for three days or something like that and when he got up he just died.

ya ive seen relationships go down the drain because of WOW........freaky!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Thren

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8888579

That's the story - what a headcase!! Had a matress to sleep on and all...

that story is pretty fcuked man, thanks for the link....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Raise the level cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

there was a story in todays metro about a girl dyinig in china...and they had a memorial for her in the game itself..there was a a picture of it where all the charachters were sitting down and bowing their heads down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i dont get these crazy asians...but they are damn good at their games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

What a wuss, i could play longer than that

The weird thing is, these people who die *aren't* the hardcore players - they're just addicts. :(

The hardcore players (and I know a lot of people who play 8+ hours a day every day) organise their lives around the game and ensure that they get time for work/sleep/food etc. in order to keep playing at that level consistently.

None of them would do 20+ hour stints in-game because that isn't sustainable and they're in for the long haul! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

during the summer, as i worked weekend shifts, i basically spent about 12hrs a day playing warcraft or eve, 4-5 days a week. was pretty sad...but i wish i could still do that. bloody college :(

Yeah between contracts I play a huge amount. :) I should really find something better to do with my time but the game is too much fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I bet he didn't even get his mount :(

Funky wrote:
    What a wuss, i could play longer than that

haha i dare you....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

There was a story about it in the metro or morening herald :D It was about the girl though it mentioned there were some others.

Anyway thousands of players held a funeral online. It showd an image of loads of them bowed down on the hills facing towards some cathedral in a city. All online in the game of course.

Washout wrote:
    there was a story in todays metro about a girl dyinig in china...and they had a memorial for her in the game itself..there was a a picture of it where all the charachters were sitting down and bowing their heads down.

hehe ur silly Saruman, haha messin, tha other dude said it already but the more the merrior....

tom_ass19 wrote:
    haha i dare you....:D
    Don't tempt him! He's a recovering addict!

DRakE wrote:
    Don't tempt him! He's a recovering addict!

oh rite.....oopssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Recovering addict my ass, QUITTER!

(i fell off the wagon :( )

But it's for the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

is dustaz the priest back in the house?

Dustaz wrote:
    Recovering addict my ass, QUITTER!

(i fell off the wagon :( )

haha.....dont ya love those guys, when something gets too hard they just go.......

Advertisement