Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a company logo designed

Options
  • 08-11-2005 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

My wife is starting her own little business. Its only part time. She would like a logo designed but can't afford to pay a graphic designer yet. Can anybody here be interested in helping? The type of business is to do with Health and Safety.

Thanks
    Ger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Most designers charge thousands. Can you afford around 200?

If so PM me and I will put you in touch with a guy who did one for me some years ago. He is very good but more importantly very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

well as a designer (not pitching for this btw, too busy at the minute) i'd tell your wife to think more carefully about her company image. Other than her own first impressions to her customer, your logo, stationary, brand basically is incredibly important and imo worth investing in. A proper logo will generally cost somewhere in and around 1500 euro upwards, and usually take about a month to complete, remember this is an image that hopefully will represent your business for many years to come. It may sound like a lot of money, but its not really when you think about it, there has to be a lot of liasing between client & designer to get it just right.
    and for the post above... pay peanuts and you'll get monkeys.
    how is cheap more important that good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

yeah yeah but you can get it done cheaper. Not every designer is attached to a large company. some work from home with reduced over heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Maccattack wrote:
    yeah yeah but you can get it done cheaper. Not every designer is attached to a large company. some work from home with reduced over heads.
    stop saying cheap... you mean for better value ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

My wife is starting her own little business. Its only part time. She would like a logo designed but can't afford to pay a graphic designer yet. Can anybody here be interested in helping? The type of business is to do with Health and Safety.

Thanks
    Ger

I can sort you out a deal for between €100 and €500 depending on what exactly you need. PM me if you're interested and i'll send you links to some work on the web.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Thanks for the info lads. I'll send The Troll a pm and see if he can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

not to undercut the lads here but you could try worth1000

http://www.worth1000.com/cdir.asp?display=&filter=f.format_id=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i dont work for a large company, i work for my own company, and tbh 1500 is the least i could afford to do it. If you have done this type of work well before, you would know that. design is not something that should be considered on price alone! but you'll learn the hard way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

ok, i don't have any training in GD, i am self thought. I don't do it as a job, hopefully after school i will. I would be will to try this for free, if you can pm me with details I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

heggie wrote:
    i dont work for a large company, i work for my own company, and tbh 1500 is the least i could afford to do it. If you have done this type of work well before, you would know that. design is not something that should be considered on price alone! but you'll learn the hard way :)
    Exactly. A logo is a lot more than a pretty picture.

Still, it's hardly for a large company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

tba wrote:
    not to undercut the lads here but you could try worth1000

http://www.worth1000.com/cdir.asp?display=&filter=f.format_id=4

good site, could do with some logo practice

Advertisement