Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ripwave Base Station 32 ?

• 08-11-2005 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

New Ripwave Base Station 32 ?

Is this up and running yet ?

Just back from hols in Seattle , and what do i find when i come back ..IBB have put a Base Station 200m away (Pearse St Area )from me :D .... but it would not give me an IP address ,,:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Do you know whereabouts in Pearse St it is. I'm in Pearse Street at the Sandwith Road junction connecting to 3 Rock?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

I am in the Winter Garden Apts ...Beside the Holiday Inn ...getting a nice strong Yellow ... Navini Stats say it 200m away so they must have put it on top of a new apt complex along the liffey ,,,

IBB have also filled in their map for ripwave coverage in the city ,,, this area was not covered a few weeks ago. ...Lets hope its up and working soon ,,,:)

As I have been paying for less than dial up speed for the last 5 months:confused: ,, after IBB reduced the range of other BTS 's I was using eg BTS 92

Mine has been less than dial-up for more than two weeks and I'm locked to 3 Rock. Must investigate at lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

Think the mast is in Sir John Rogerson's Quay. Not sure about though....

I had a long conversation with a rep last night trying to discover why my connection has gone sub-dial-up for the last two weeks and he said it was to do with the upgrading of modems. It hadn't worked properly on some modems and was an issue.

I asked would I be better off connecting to BTS 32 and he said he didn't know anything about that

For those suffering from bad conns since the upgrade, the advice is to leave your modem on 24/7 resetting it nightly until Monday.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

I I got the same advice last night....At least we're being told something similar.. There's a chance it might even be true!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Oh, I was told that a swap out would be needed if this doesn't work... Only thing is, I don't think I'll beliving in the same house in 2009 when they drop it out!!!

No luck for me yet.

I'm having a look around for this base station. Does anyone know what it should look like? Is it an antennae, a dish or what do these things look like?

UPDATE: I think this problem has just been resolved. The modems haven't been updated because the new high site on Rogerson Quay is confusing them. Altho it's not live yet, it was erroneously left swiched on, so Ripwave modems in that area are trying to connect alltho they can't. The result is lots of disconnections with the result that the modems aren't able to be upgraded.

Have been told this will be remedied by this evening. No one is able to tell when this site will go live.

After a few days of calls and even longer waits on hold !:mad:

I was told that 32 is live(10th of Nov) ....but is having problems providing updates to ripwave units ..

eg my current software level is 4.1.8 the new one is 4.3

I have a good constant 5-6 bar yellow singal strength and quality .. but the BTS 32 will not provide a valid IP address .

Support has request as per phone call last night to reset the 32 high site. This is hoped to solve this problem ... and when online we will get the software upgrade.

See new Ripwave Map .....Docklands area was blank a month ago.

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/ws_cov_images/Dublin_City.JPG

• Advertisement

Hmm. I'm locked to bts 246 (3Rock). Wonder will I automatically be moved or will I have to call them again.

See what happens tonight, eh?:rolleyes:

Where do you find the software version?

Is that little blue dot the high site? I bet they've stuck it on top of that new hotel there. That would give me LOS and, theoretically, a perfect signal.

You should see your software level down in the bottom right of screen.

It will show your active and standbuy levels ...

You can get lots of extra info and tests if you press Ctrl-Shift-F10 when using the tool ,, this will give you lots of extra info on your bad conection.

Tools should have been installed with the CD that came with Ripwave.

http://www.navini.com/pages/support/userdownloads.htm

Now working off BTS 32 ...still slow ,,do not have SW update yet ..but its a start !

Still no good for me. Another phonecall methinks.

/much later/

Apparently my software has now been priortised to the engineers. (i thought the person I spoke to later had said he wasn't able to connect to do the upgrade). I'm to wait until Friday to see if there's any improvement.

I asked if I could be locked to bts32 as it's about 10km nearer to me than 3rock and it was the Bts that was causing all the problems with my connection to 3Rock. He said he wasn't able to do that.

So I'm going to call back Friday if (when) there's no improvement. Then I'm going to ask to talk to someone who can connect me to bts32 and when they say I can't, I'm going to say I'm cancelling my direct debit unless they do.

Advertisement