Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wats the safest way of using a mobile

• 08-11-2005 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

using a codred headset
    a bluetooth headset
    or just simply using the hadset normally again the ear!
    im specifically referrring to calling people now, this thread does not concern texting
    thanks everyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Leave it in the box.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Leave it in the box.

LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,788 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Think you're going to need to define the danger of using a mobile before you can find out the safest way

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

synchro wrote:
    using a codred headset
    a bluetooth headset
    or just simply using the hadset normally again the ear!
    im specifically referrring to calling people now, this thread does not concern texting
    thanks everyone

Agh, spelling, punctuation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You still haven't explained yourself.
    Do you mean when driving? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Jesus someone just answer his question. I take it he means safety in terms of exposure to radiation. Is his post really that cryptic????

Id like to know too. I heard that the cord on a corded headset acts as an antenna an increases radiation! Is this crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

erm thats not obvious at all... it could easily be in reference to driving, or thieft on the street or well anything.....

If one is that worried about radiation you really shouldn't be using a mobile at all.......

it should be noted that there has been no proven effects on humans* of the radiation given off by a phone.

* there is a minute heating effect, but this hasn't been proven to cause anything detremental to ones health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

Chose a unit with low SAR AND radiation factor (critical).

see http://www.handywerte.de/

some say that bluetooth, despite it's much lower power output is at 2.4gHz a more harmful prospect. I have my doubts about that.

some say that a corded headset can act as an ariel to channel the radiation into the ear canal. I also have doubts here.

Maybe the best choice is a handset with a useable speakerphone, nothing beats real physical distance when it comes to lowering radiation exposure (double the distance, cube root the exposure).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

the whole radiation thing is crap (blown well out of proportion by the media as usual) unless You are a small child or some one with a phone glued to the side of their head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

Richie6904 wrote:
    the whole radiation thing is crap (blown well out of proportion by the media as usual) unless You are a small child or some one with a phone glued to the side of their head.

a l,oad of rubbish is it, how come i have been getting sharp pains in my ear since i started using a bluetooth headset?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

synchro wrote:
    a l,oad of rubbish is it, how come i have been getting sharp pains in my ear since i started using a bluetooth headset?
    Perhaps your ear is too big for the clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

seamus wrote:
    Perhaps your ear is too big for the clip.

how wood tat explain pains afterwards?
    anyway this clips wood be designed to fit every ear,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Maybe the ear piece is stickin too far into your ear and hurting it.

Plus I thought this was about how safe phones were not bluetooth headsets.

If you are experiencing pain after using the headset then its the headset u have to worry about not the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,788 ✭✭✭✭28064212

synchro wrote:
    I've no idea, but it's almost certainly nothing to do with radiation of any kind. If there is a danger from any way of using mobile phones, it's not going to become immediately apparent. Maybe in 10 years. It's either something physical to do with the handset as suggested before, possibly something medically wrong with your ear (some kind of infection maybe, should consider seeing a doctor if the pains are that sharp) or it might be purely psychological

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement