Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much does it cost

Options
  • 08-11-2005 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

ive read a few if not a lot of the threads in this area and i completely agree with most ppl it's simple we live in a rip off country

but what gets me is that there are cheaper alternatives or cheaper shops out there (this refers to all areas) and for some ppl to say X shop is a rip off etc is good cause we will avoid it and Y shop is cheaper is good cause we WILL shop there can we stop talking and moaning about the rip off and do something about it.

the customer is no.1 no matter what experience you have had good or bad but at the end of the day we control what money goes into what business so why not shop around. I know Mary Harney said it and it caused uproar but to be honest isn't she right?(i dont have any political favourites)

When i bought my house last year my wife and I spent 3 months shopping around(cause it took so long to sign) on net, high st and anywhere we could to get the best prices we could, nothing was bought without checking at least 4 other prices. .We got a excellent tv stand from €500 to €150 by haggling over the fact that one leg was missing them it cost me €5 to make the replacement leg. Only a few examples BTW

I dunno how ppl are going to react to this and i know the government are responsible for high prices the VAT charge one of the highest in europe, fuel charges and insurance etc all factors in the cost of your humble shopping(i mean we cant as well get it grown, delivered,stored,packed etc for free) but reducing the cost of production, transport etc will reduce the overall cost to us the consumer but unless we the customer do something about it no prices are going to reduce by anyone manufacturer or retailer (they are always fighting for lower cost in production and transport)we are never going to c a reduction in prices so shop around is my advice and its worked for me

oh ya dont get me started on the groceries order its a joke that its abolition is better for the consumer can u imagine some of the larger retailers losing some of the profits just to suit us mere mortals???

ps sorry about the rant

Advertisement