Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SMS to Oz

• 08-11-2005 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Lads/Lassies,

Want to send txts to a friend in Oz and realised that Vodafone are ripping me off at 25c per text especially as I have have the add on text pack.

Can anyone recommend any of the online SMS services that are available out there?

Comments

You could try these guys for a free trial.

I'm going to sign up to try texting France as the 3 network dont allow there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you could buy and o2 sim pack for a tenner and register it to get the free webtexts. they can be sent to some countries. /me goes to check if itll do australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I use smsgeezer.com, works out at about 6 or 7c a text depending how many you buy. Works very well for me, messages always delievered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ok i can't find a list of countries it lets you send to. get someone you know on o2 to try it for you and see if it gets thru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

02 send them to New Zealand on their website so more than likely they send them to Austrailia.Pay a tenner for a sim and use the 250 a month webtexts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 allow you to send to any international mobile number from what I hear. If you can text the mobile on an O2 mobile you can do it on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Use meteor + their 5cent text bundle. Oddly enough, I've noticed international texts are charged at the same rate... it's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Have ya had any luck with this dilemma???

Why don't you just save your pennys and go over there and visit your friends..... ?

It's a great place and ROOOOLY friendly people. And we have kangaroos like Skippy!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Rach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

gandalf wrote:
    Lads/Lassies,

Want to send txts to a friend in Oz and realised that Vodafone are ripping me off at 25c per text especially as I have have the add on text pack.

Can anyone recommend any of the online SMS services that are available out there?

How are they ripping you off when they have a price list for their services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Solair wrote:
    Use meteor + their 5cent text bundle. Oddly enough, I've noticed international texts are charged at the same rate... it's great!

i use their text bundles, and am charged 12c to the uk, while this is a good price, 5c would be better.

is it texts to the uk you're getting for 5c?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Solair wrote:

u cant txt to certain aussie mobile providers with meteor... thats the problem i have, rang meteor and they asked what provider my mate was using, when i told them they said that i cant text to that 1 :mad:

Advertisement