Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobiBLU - anyone seen this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Don't like it, firstly it'd get lost too easy, and secondly it'd be too hard to use - one face is about the size of your thumb so you'd have be really presice and carefull pushing a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm thinking of getting one of these Cubes as my old mp3 player is dying. The reviewers below seem to like it.

1. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2005/07/mobiblu-dah1500-review.php
    2. http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=622&aff=future

If I do get one I'll put up a review here or in Portable Media Players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I've had the 1Gb version since well before Christmas.
    It really is tiny but it's great.
    The screen is really clear and even though it's small it's very functional.
    Although long song names can take a while to scroll.

The buttons are fine.
    Unless you've got giant fingers it shouldn't be a problem.

It's got a radio too and the reception for me has been perfect.

You'd be hard pressed to lose it.
    The headphones come as a kind of necklace, so you wear it around your neck and the headphones come off it and into your ears.

It charges from the usb port but i find it loses it's charge if not used and left lying around.
    When it's charged though, the battery life is pretty good.
    I can't remember off hand how long it lasts though, sorry.

I don't use it as much as i could as i have a 20Gb iRiver that i use most of the time.
    It would be very handy if you into walking, running or other activities.
    Or for anyone else for that matter.

Mine is the US version.
    No problems using it here.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

what he said!!!
    the only problem that I have with mine is that mp3's are not ordered alphabetically or according to tags, they are ordered in the order they go onto the player, not a problem for then first few uses but as you start seleting and adding stupp you can start getting files out of sequence, not a big issue for music but a bitch for audiobooks! my solution has been to reformat and transfer everythin again whenever this happens, Mobiblu are aware of this but have made no effort to fix it. The US version is the one to go for as the EU version is somewhat lobotomised and manufactured under licence by someone else (a hardware version benind ?). There is some thirdparty software out that will allow you to put customised logos on the screen - haven't tried it though!

A good little player, ideal for the trip in and out of work, charges pretty quickly and is easy to operate, the control pad is not far off the size of an iPoo nano, but is obviously much cooler!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

you can get q-cube or whatever they are called, in pc world. basically the same thing as the mobiBLU, only that they are much cheaper... and you get european fm reciever, which means alot...

• Advertisement
Advertisement