Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendations for buying paint

Options
  • 08-11-2005 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

After working on the structural part of my renovation (plumbing, heating , electrics, new bathroom,uPVC Doors & Windows) its almost time to get painting & decorating. I have to get the lot - Emulsion, Gloss etc.
    Does anyone out there recommend a good source for buying paint? I don't want to be using the 'shop brand' stuff stocked by the large DIY shops (OK for sheds etc but too much work repainting). I heard that you can buy from Dulux Ireland which are nearby - has anyone done so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Someone told me that you can buy the infamous Farrow & Ball paints (used in all the interior design mags and supposed to be the business!) in Celbridge. There is a paint factory there. Can't think for the life of me the name of it but will post later if it comes to me. There is also a paint factory in Blessington. Again don't know the name or anything about the quality of their paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

General Paints Ltd
    Maynooth Road
    Tel: 01 6288224 Fax: 01 6272205

Haven't used them myself, but my sister swears by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Do not buy from Dulux on Davitt road which is only down the road from you.It can be more expensive for some strange reason to buy from there trade shop than Woodies etc.Dulux charge top wack where as woodies get a deal on bulk buying.Well thats in my experience anyway,maybe they have changed since I went into them.

I would recommend buying from Fleetwood which is beside dulux or the Marble Arch pub on davitt road.Get all your colours ready even if they are dulux colours as they can match anything and mix it so.They are not open saturdays/sundays so best time I always find to go into them is around 3/4pm monday to friday, they are less busy then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know the number for the Fleetwood place on Davitt road?

Cheers,
    M
    mad m wrote: »
    Do not buy from Dulux on Davitt road which is only down the road from you.It can be more expensive for some strange reason to buy from there trade shop than Woodies etc.Dulux charge top wack where as woodies get a deal on bulk buying.Well thats in my experience anyway,maybe they have changed since I went into them.

I would recommend buying from Fleetwood which is beside dulux or the Marble Arch pub on davitt road.Get all your colours ready even if they are dulux colours as they can match anything and mix it so.They are not open saturdays/sundays so best time I always find to go into them is around 3/4pm monday to friday, they are less busy then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know the number for the Fleetwood place on Davitt road?

Cheers,
    M

01-4552411

Advertisement