Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bond Bridge

• 08-11-2005 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

So for those of you who it's affecting. Pain in the arse isn't it? It's added at least 15 minutes to my journey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Bond Bridge - is that the bridge leading up to Beaufield/Meadowbrook? If it is, it doesn't affect me. I haven't been up that direction in a while. Tell you what though, walking to the Business Campus is treacherous. Between closed footpaths, huge holes dug in the ground and idiots, who don't know how to drive, behind the wheels of 5-tonne, four-wheel drive, off-road vehicles, it'll be a miracle if I don't die before the year ends. And it's mucky as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭brian crackout

dude i feel your pain! i live up in beaufield and now ive to leave like 40 mins before class starts to make it on time. i lived up in carton court last year and tawt that by moveing to beaufield it would be a little bit less of a walk. shouldnt have bothered moving at all now, its the same distance to walk nearly. why couldnt they do it durin the summer when maynooth was empty of all the students?
    somebody told me that theres a shorter alternative route being put up soon, but i wont hold my breath

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

are ye serious? there is no way that carton court is further away from college than beaufiled, unless you got to NUIG...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭brian crackout

lordgoat wrote:
    are ye serious? there is no way that carton court is further away from college than beaufiled, unless you got to NUIG...

there wouldnt be a whole lotta difference but i reckon the walk is a wee bit shorter (well at least it was before they started f**kin around with the roads)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭roxychix

yeah i live in meadowbrook and the walk is ridiculous it would usually take me 10mins now takes bout half and hour and as for the shuttle bus which only goes twice in the evening its crap waited for the 930 one didnt come until half ten so had to get a taxi home ahd waited till 1015 and gave up anyone no a quicker way to get to college from meadowbrook other than coming up by old greenfield that road seems to be neverending

• Advertisement

sorry speelin fecked up there was not lookin what i was typin

roxychix wrote:
    sorry speelin fecked up there was not lookin what i was typin

:D Lol, brilliant..... Anyway, what are they doing to Bond Bridge and when is it open again? To those complaining about the extended walk: remember, it's good cardio. You'll be fit as a fiddle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

They're probably just sitting up there having tea breaks and talking about burds. It's supposed to be ready in 6 months but we all know that means at least a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Meh, its almost the same, adds maybe a minute or two..

The Greenfield road never ends though..its so long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madboggar

• Advertisement

hey
    i know its good exercise but when it freezin or rainin you contemplate not going to college but you cant do that otherwise youll to **** at col. hopefully ill bring a bike up and will make the journey less anyone know of another shortcut.

Meh, its almost the same, adds maybe a minute or two..

The Greenfield road never ends though..its so long :(

A minute or two if you're Road Runner! :rolleyes:

madboggar wrote:

Awwwwwwwwww :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madboggar

So can you not walk down by the train station anymore from bond bridge

roxychix wrote:
    hey
    i know its good exercise but when it freezin or rainin you contemplate not going to college but you cant do that otherwise youll to **** at col. hopefully ill bring a bike up and will make the journey less anyone know of another shortcut.

Us Irish people love the rain and cold. We're bred to thrive in it. You should be grateful really. ;) There's no shortcuts I know of, I'd bike it if I was you.

Advertisement