Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new budgies friend

Options
  • 08-11-2005 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

One of my little budgies has died suddenly..I feel so bad and sad that I could not save her, I should have brought to vet straight away.... Sad for me but I think it is sad for her friend/brother (I am not sure which but they had been always together) left with me, so I am thinking of getting a new budgie to keep his company. Could anybody advise me when I should get new budgie and what to be watched out? He is approx, a 1.5 years old. I would very much appreciate advice from somebody had experienced similar situation. I want my budgie to be happy. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Do you know what symptoms your budgie had before he'she died? Just in case it could be contagious to any new bird you bring in. Unless you can take a new bird to the vets as soon as you suspect something I wouldn't get another one however your other budgie will be lonley so it's what's best for the bird. If you can find a good avian vet (I know they are so hard to come by) first so you have a number to call should any problems arise.
    If possible don't by from a pet shop or someone who is breeding them purely for the money.
    Sometimes budgies appear in rescues I beleive the DSPCA had a budgie looking for a home or they may know of one.
    Make sure your other bird is in full health and that the new bird is in full health so nothing can spread from one to the other.
    You bird should get on fine with a male or female, males are sometimes friendlier but it's not always the case depends on the bird itself.
    How large is their cage/aviary?
    Any age budgie should be fine as well, they are social birds as you know and should be glad of each other for company.
    For some basic info on budgies there's a page on my site you can download
    just scroll down to the bottom of the page http://www.guinea-pig-rescue.com/petCare.html
    If you have any specific questions you can e-mail me guineapigrescue123@eircom.net I have 4 little budgie brats of my own they make lovely pets even if my mother complains about the noise when she comes down lol.

Advertisement