Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 50 inch R.P. tv.....

• 08-11-2005 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

folks, im thinking of buying one of these, model number KDFE50A11(although all the web sites have the last 2 numbers as 12, maybe i took it down wrong).
    I have pleanty of room for this so not an issue, the only advantage i can see of plasma is they are wall mountable, not going to do that either and this TV is going for €2k.... does anybody have "actual" experience of this or other 50 inch 3lcd rear projectors, and "actual" bulb life information ? and general comments both good and bad ?

Thanks a million,

oleras.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 declans

Just bought one of those babies on a German Site for €1520 + 70 Delivery , Should arrive next week,
    I live close to a Sony Centre and the one on Display looks fantastic and the HD demo is very impressive - There is a UK version with a freeview tuner and there is a very indept dicussion taking place over on Avforums

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249926&page=24&pp=15

Also there is a CNET of the american version here

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDF_E50A10/4505-6482_7-31453800.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

declans wrote:
    Just bought one of those babies on a German Site for €1520 + 70 Delivery , Should arrive next week,
    I live close to a Sony Centre and the one on Display looks fantastic and the HD demo is very impressive - There is a UK version with a freeview tuner and there is a very indept dicussion taking place over on Avforums

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249926&page=24&pp=15

Also there is a CNET of the american version here

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDF_E50A10/4505-6482_7-31453800.html

Cheers declans, i have been reading the avforum topic, thats where my confusion lay i think, there model is a12, usa is a10 and the one i saw is a11, but nothing on the Sony site about the a11.... anyways, anychance you want to share what German site you purchased from ?

Thanks again,

oleras

http://www.technikdirekt.de , There is an english version on the site
    Its advertised price is €1714 but I saw it cheaper on another site and they bettered it by €5 selling for €1520 with No Stand Included (I Think), This is what I want as I have 20 Month old who would use the Sony Stand as a climbing frame.
    A number of other local retailers here in athlone are also selling it for €1999 , The staff in these stores including Sony dont really have a clue so in my opinion the best information is to be had from Avforums and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

declans wrote:
    http://www.technikdirekt.de , There is an english version on the site
    Its advertised price is €1714 but I saw it cheaper on another site and they bettered it by €5 selling for €1520 with No Stand Included (I Think), This is what I want as I have 20 Month old who would use the Sony Stand as a climbing frame.
    A number of other local retailers here in athlone are also selling it for €1999 , The staff in these stores including Sony dont really have a clue so in my opinion the best information is to be had from Avforums and the like.

Hey declan... thanks for the info... i need a new TV and am seriously considering this....where did you find it cheaper? I might try the same thing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sony Centres in Dublin are doing it with a surrund sound system (one of the davs model) and stand for €1999.

I'm getting one too. Collecting it Christmas eve.:D

• Advertisement

jimbling wrote:
    Hey declan... thanks for the info... i need a new TV and am seriously considering this....where did you find it cheaper? I might try the same thing as well.

Take your Pick

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/323701_-kdf-e50a11e-sony.html

Stekelly wrote:
    Sony Centres in Dublin are doing it with a surrund sound system (one of the davs model) and stand for €1999.

I'm getting one too. Collecting it Christmas eve.:D

Christmas eve ? by choice or is there a long lead time ?

oleras wrote:
    Christmas eve ? by choice or is there a long lead time ?

By choice. I like christmas and want something nice christmas morning to go with my new massageig lounger. :D

Plus I'm in the process of selling my 44" so have to wait till my cousin can come up wih the money, dont really have the space for both tv's.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Any idea of the exact Model of surround sound system thats being offered with it !?

Does this TV do Picture & Picture ?

Delboy5 wrote:
    Does this TV do Picture & Picture ?

No. They seem to have dropped this option as its not on any of the range now.

• Advertisement

anyone finding it hard to find a shop that sells these, 3 or 4 that i have tried here in limerick say they are out and dont expect them till after xmas !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just got Mine yesterday from Sony Centre Limerick €1899 with stand there also offering 12 months Interest Free at the moment as well.

Stand came as flat pack and is actually heavier then TV , Took about 20mins to put the stand together with two of us doing it. Instructions for stand are hard to find there in a envelope on teh outside of the box. Fired up Tv takes about 45 secs for lamp to warm up fully and when it does your in for a treat , Great picture on normal Sky digtal it can get a bit blocky on some of the poor station like uktv and living, best to sit about 8feet away and sit at eye level. Hooked up my xbox 360 and must admit high def is very crisp and very very clear but not the big jump I expected. The TV runs at 720p which it on par with the 1080i res on offer by some other tV's they bot have pros and cons. DVD playback good also via the 360, Star Wars looks amazing and Underwold Evoloution is good also and is a very dark film.

Overall this TV must be the best you can get for 1899 euro , Oh and before I forget AERTEL looks HUGE.

Oh and sony fire the guy that designs your remote controls what an ugly piece of kit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Overall this TV must be the best you can get for 1899 euro

now there's a line that could start quite an arguement..:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Overall this TV must be the best you can get for 1899 euro

especially since I got it last month for €1750 including a dvd player.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Irishsnake

hi all im also looking at buying the same set :D

Declan i was looking at the German site and its now at €1385 plus 80 del did you get a stand with it ???

Can anyone else come up with prices to match would prefer to buy here if possible

Advertisement