Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hampers & Roses :(

• 08-11-2005 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭

I won a box of Roses earlier and went to collect them in Centra, Eastpoint (where I bought the ticket). The guy took the ticket and came back a few mins later and handed me €7.20 saying i had to buy the sweets. I said no I don't want the monies I want my 480g box of sweets. It turns out they cos €12.99 in Centra so they want me to pay the difference - when I asked if I could just take the card back and go to a different shop I was told it was already scanned and void!! They didn't give me a choice!! I wanted my chocs!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How much do they cost in Tesco or other big supermarket. The E7.20 is probably the RRP and those centras usually are more expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

But surely I should have been given the option/told that before they just gave me the dosh and told me to get lost!? I know I can prob go and spend the money and get them in Tecso but it's the principle of it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

You're entitled to get the ticket back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

in the centra near me there only 6.97 or near that and even at that there is 33% extra free.... you were robbed there!

also they are not supposed to hand out money so report them to lotto head quarters.
    and you cant get the ticket back once its been validated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Seems fairly straightforward that you could get them in trouble with whoever is running the scratch card (presuming national lottery) if they dont give you what the card says you should get. You cant change the rules of a game after its been played. Go back tomorrow & ask for the mgr if you want to take it that far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

damien.m wrote:
    You're entitled to get the ticket back.
    no ur not once its validated thats it , it cannot be claimed in another shop lottery rules

the rrp for the chocs is only €6 approx the prize value is to cover some shops charging a bit more ie a few cents not a few euro thats mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I'd imagine the 1299 box was bigger than the ones the Lottery are giving away..

When i used to work in a hsop we stocked up on roses once that ticket began..

Although when we ran out, we'd always say we were out, and offer them the cash if they wanted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

No 12.99 box was 20gs less than what i was supposed to get....centa bastids!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Go back and look for a manager, don't leave the feckers away with it
    Also check whats the terms of the scratch cards are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What do you expect tbh, centra are rip off merchants!

Complain to the National Lottery, i'm sure they'd be very interested to hear this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Definitely report this to the National Lottery. And to Cadburys (or whoever makes them). It's bad for their image too. They want you to eat their choccies and Centra are denying you the pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 suemc

Can anyone tell me what is in the hampers that you win on the Hampers and Roses Scratch Cards.

Advertisement