Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband...

• 08-11-2005 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

So im in the North Main exchange. I got my eircom line connected over a month ago.

One of magnets sales guys visited to show me all the stuff, and said i can get the advantage package through my phone line, this includes 4Mb/s BB, Free local & national calls and 48 channels of tv. all through the tv? I dont think so.

But he said that i could have free installation and a month free so i have nothing to loose, i have to go for one of these **** companies it may aswell be this one.

So the guy said 6/8 days and a technical guy will call me about installation.

Today is 7 days later so i called them, i was put through to a woman incharge of my account and she said that due to hold-up's with eircom there release date for my exchange is the 29/Nov.

Im guessing the holdup is similar to smart's.

Anyone else getting magnet in North Main?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

zimbabady wrote:
    One of magnets sales guys visited to show me all the stuff, and said i can get the advantage package through my phone line, this includes 4Mb/s BB, Free local & national calls and 48 channels of tv. all through the tv? I dont think so.
    No, you DO need a Computer as well :D for that internet schtuff and a telephone for the telephony bit . A TV is very handy of course for TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I rang them and was told it will be
    over a year before i can get it im in
    Limerick do, but still there website says
    it good to go in Limerick!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

zimbabady wrote:
    But he said that i could have free installation and a month free so i have nothing to loose, i have to go for one of these **** companies it may aswell be this one.

Well, in order to get the free install and a month free, you probably need to sign up for 12 months, what you lose is the ability to go with another DSL provider for 12 months and a lot of difficulty if you decide to move provider after 12 months.

NTL + Blueface offer something similiar with TV, fast BB and telephone and IMHO it is better value for money and more flexible, however others may disagree, but worth taking a look at that option also.

BTW If you want to run more then 1 TV or a TV and a VCR (recording one channel while watching another) off Magnet this may not be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 zimbabady

Yeah i thought that, its not really much loss to me.

And to the other post. You get a free digital phone.
    And **** knew i forgot somthin important like the TV and PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Still a very good deal for the price...if you can get it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but i havent seen anyone else with what i gotten, they have next to no advertising. (I actually found them through the goverment broadband listing).

When i seen here on boards.ie that smart were supposed to open up North Main last week, it looked very similar to what Magnet were saying. So im guessin smart have been put off to the end of the month too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I have it installed. It took a few weeks from the when they though they could install for me to be installed due to eircom **** wits.

Anyway its all installed now and i would probably give up my first born to keep it its that great.

Do you get all through phone line? i.e. voice calls, Broadband and TV?

or is that just optic fibre

I called up Magnet yesterday evening and they have been delayed by Eircom in unbunbeling the North Main exchange. They have an expected unbundle date of the 29/November.

Anyone else in north Main exchange getting Magnet?

Advertisement