Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda civic Si 06

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yea same with me. The first one, the white one looked really good imo. That new civic is really growing on me. I'd like to see what the type R is gona be like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Have they not done away with the type R on the new model?Or maby the Si is "americanised" as a type R as it says it uses a 2litre vtec engine which i presume is whats in the current EP type R.

Only thing im not so sure about is the rear of them,they look kind of bubblish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

eireal wrote:
    Have they not done away with the type R on the new model?

I dont have a clue, maybe somone else can fill us in. I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No they haven't. Big write up in Top Gear Mag a couple of months ago ill dig it later tonight and then post the specs.

I rememeber something about there being one model that was highly tuned and would be called Type - RR.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Yeah, I have to admit the new Civic is growing on me too! I didn't like it at all at first.. but the Coupe model looks pretty cool.

Not sure about the other models though.. hatch looks a bit crap. EK is still the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Yes very nice car

Not sure about front end looks really bad i think
    if that was fixed in my opinion it would be a very nice car

overall shape is ok
    spoiler blends in well

grade= a-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Sniff*

They've made it good again :D

Thanks to those beautiful people at Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Just need to slightly elongate the bonnet... just maybe 1 foot or a half. More like the 350Z ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Dagon wrote:
    Just need to slightly elongate the bonnet... just maybe 1 foot or a half. More like the 350Z ;)

I like what im hearing (Sending letter to honda;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the car looks savage,cannot wait to see the type r

• Advertisement

Here's the article i saw about the end of type R production

image29au.jpg

Notice at the end it says "however,bosses are evaluating a hot 3 door model"
    My guess is that the civic Si in the first post is that "hot model",it seems to be using the EP type R engine but with a different badge + the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

bye bye civic type r

here is the non-type :eek: r replacement

profil.jpg

OMG

The rear is horrible,theres also like a mid boot spoiler that just makes it look worse.

Ive seen pictures of the saloon version and its not much better either,all i suppose we can hope for is the Si coupe that the yanks are getting to land over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I have heard from reliable sources the Type-R Civic will be back.

Nothing confirmed, but I would trust the people who told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

layke wrote:
    I have heard from reliable sources the Type-R Civic will be back.

Nothing confirmed, but I would trust the people who told me.

i just can't see type r in that shape. i say it will all depend how SI would be selling and this doesn't mean we will see one in europe.

just remember that Integra Type R was sold in europe for two years only and they were thinking about selling civic typer in europe for long long time before happened

Advertisement