Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Jeep for WITSU President

Options
  • 08-11-2005 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

How nice to see the funding of the WIT Student's Union is so Generous that they can afford a nice new JEEP for the President.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

WITSU wrote:
    How nice to see the funding of the WIT Student's Union is so Generous that they can afford a nice new JEEP for the President.

Why does he need a jeep? Thought they were already given cars....
    Maybe its so he can park it up on the curbs in the mornings :rolleyes:, trying to find a space in the car park is a joke, there are cars all over the place in the mornings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 WITSU

They get a car every year, I wouldn't even give them a parking space.

Their the biggest waste of money in the educational system.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

WITSU wrote:
    They get a car every year
    Hang on, you're telling me that WIT SU is so cash-rich that the sabbatical officers automatically get given a car paid for by the SU? Not by themselves (which would be no-one's business)?

Hang on, you're telling me that WIT SU is so cash-rich that the sabbatical officers automatically get given a car paid for by the SU?

Hold on!

angry_fox said
    Thought they were already given cars....

to which I replied
    They get a car every year, I wouldn't even give them a parking space.

We are not sure if this year the WITSU splashed out to get a Jeep rather then a Fiat Punto, but they shouldn't be get either.

It's the first I have heard of them getting a Car of any kind. I don't think they have got one before this but I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I've seen it.....have been wondering if it's the 1.6 k series engine in it. These are known to blow head gaskets. The thought had me chuckling for a while......yes...I do dislike the SU that much.....

On another note, WITSU, who are you, as it seems from your post that you don't infact represent the WITSU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If they are getting cars its a new thing and the wages used to be crap.

Concerned Poster and Student :D

No I am giving out about the SU, I think that hints that I have nothing to do with the SU.

Also my Sign might give it away.

WITSU wrote:
    I have nothing to do with the SU.

Should really have put more thought in to your username so.... :rolleyes:

WITSU wrote:
    No I am giving out about the SU, I think that hints that I have nothing to do with the SU.

figured that alright......out of curiosity, what are you studying....what year?
    WITSU wrote:
    Also my Sign might give it away.

fairly confident your sig was blank when I asked....

fairly confident your sig was blank when I asked....

No it was there I made sure of that, did want to give out an false impression.

4th year IT.

• Advertisement

Should really have put more thought in to your username so....

Didn't want the WITSU taking the name.

WITSU wrote:
    No it was there I made sure of that, did want to give out an false impression.

fair enough...my mistake
    WITSU wrote:

why?? have the WITSU done something to wrong you?

WITSU wrote:

Ahhh coz you obviously have so much more right to it then them... :rolleyes:

Ahhh coz you obviously have so much more right to it then them...

Yeah I might take there Jeep when there not looking :D
    why?? have the WITSU done something to wrong you?

No! I am just trying to figure out what they do.

Anyone on boards members of these nice people who bought a Jeep for themselves

Have a pretty good idea who WITSU is.... Should have used a differnt name though

The WITSU is a joke, they do nothing but organise the odd protest and then disappear for the year, they have done very little for the students in WIT, only time they get intrested in any thing is if it involves drink, remember when rag week was cancelled. Other than that all they do all day is scratch their backsides and go for the odd smoke outside the student union offices, dump there fag butts on the ground for some else to sweep up.

This is about the JEEP that they bought.

Who gives a **** what my user name is.

What kind of jeep is it any way?

angry_fox wrote:
    What kind of jeep is it any way?

It's a land rover free-lander.....as I said earlier, hopefully with the exploding head gasket engine.....

As far as WITSU being a joke....agree completely....are they different in other colleges or universities?

What strikes me here is that no one seems to have a clue about where the jeep actually came from. I seriously doubt WITSU bought it. The prez could have bought it them selfs FFS.

If they did then its an asset that will pass from prez to prez. The wages have never been that good so I cannt imangine they have gotten much better.

The SU generally do a fair bit i the backround sorting out things for indvidual students who are having problems. They normally don't have that big an impact on the wider college issues but you would be surprised about some things they are responsible for like the pedestrian crossing at the back of the college and ATM machine in college street.

Id suggest going having a chat with them and see what they say about what they do and have done.

BTW that Rag week was cancled because a fair proportion of the student body cannt handle their booze and several 999 calls had to be made during a previous christmas day or rag week. The last few rag weeks i saw were allot better then previous years.

I seriously doubt WITSU bought it.

I can confirm that they did buy the JEEP.
    Id suggest going having a chat with them and see what they say about what they do and have done.

They have let the WIT Card situation get out of hand. It is total againist the law that you cann't buy books from the Bookshop with Cash.

You must except Legal Tender. The Book Shop will only take CARDs (anytype).

The rest of the college only gets away with it because the Dome, the Canteen and the Shops all except Cash. The Gallery, The Sandwich Bar and Oscars only take the WIT Card. I assume that the new WIT Auxillary serivices in the new Nurses building will also not except Cash.

Everything sold in the college is a rip off.

Also there were no Student Protests during a Visit by the Minister of Education who basically said she had no intention of giving WIT uni status.

• Advertisement

I till dont see the bif deal with the jeep, they will get plenty of use out of it and pass it on to subsuquent presidents. Like I said the wages in the past have been rubish. The jeep will be leased and depricated over a number of years.

WIT Card is a bit of a non-issue TBH. I never saw why people got on their high horses about it. You are rquired to have it on you regardless of using it to pay for things. It shortens queues and they make it more convient and usefull each year. There was allot more to complain about when it started then there is now.

Prices are a seperate issue and generally everything in Ireland has that problem...

There are quite a few things going on in the backround with regards to the uni status, are you sure that they didnt decide to not protest for good reasons?

I still suggest you take your grivences to the SU. Taking their name and posting it up here wont do anything. You could also run for Prez and put your arse where your mouth is.

WIT Card is a bit of a non-issue TBH

What law tells me I have to carry my WIT card all the time?

Queues

I queue up to put money into the card. I then queue up to get food.
    If I could pay with cash I would just queue up to get food. I sometimes cash is handy sometimes the WIT card is handy. When I get to the cheak out and find that I have no money on my WIT card I can use Cash which I have in my wallet. It swings both ways.

If I am visiting the college, the college has to set up tickets so that I can get food from the gallery, oscars and the sandwich bar.
    If I am a visitor I cannot by books from the book shop unless I have a CARD of some kind that is total againist the LAW.

The JEEP was bought out of student funds for the student union. The Students Union need improved facitlities, have you see there offices? It is not there so that they can by a JEEP. :rolleyes:

I think the money that they get paid is up from previous years. I too assumed that they where on something like 20,000 euro. I beleive that they are on more then this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

No, really, what law prevents any enterprise - let alone a sub-unit of a State-run premises - from using a smart card? Legal tender has nothing to do with it. Post your legislation, or give up.

No, really, what law prevents any enterprise - let alone a sub-unit of a State-run premises - from using a smart card

I am not suggesting that WIT get rid of their WIT CARD. Nor I am I suggesting that the WIT CARD is againist the Law.

What I am saying is that, No organisation has the right to refuse Cash (Euro) for products, WIT does that.

WIT can have their Card but they must also accept Cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Yes. Which law? A reference or link, take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

WITSU wrote:

4th year IT.

mmmm, Eamon Geoghan...do you have anything better to be doing ?
    Probably not....fire away so with some more comments.....i'm amused!

Chap could be banned if the mods belive he has multiple accounts. But i belive it could be someone else form 4th year IT. Eamon wouldint be that big a muppet to take the WITSU name like that. I think WITSU could be female.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

angry_fox wrote:
    Chap could be banned if the mods belive he has multiple accounts. But i belive it could be someone else form 4th year IT. Eamon wouldint be that big a muppet to take the WITSU name like that. I think WITSU could be female.

harsh words there from the angry_fox.....harsh.....but fair? maybe? i don't know what i'm talking about anymore!

TAXi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

harsh words there from the angry_fox.....harsh.....but fair? maybe? i don't know what i'm talking about anymore!

TAXi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

lol, ur nuts rollo.

Are the SU getting any use out of the jeep? People still parking up on the grass in the car park?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

right lads didn't really want to put my foot in here but you have all kind of left me with very little choice,
    the thread will remain open for now on the basis that people start conversing about the topic at hand and also i don't want any form of abuse,
    i know its not exactly malicious at the moment but either way i'd rather it was dropped

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement