Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Jeep for WITSU President

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 WITSU

In relation to the WIT Card situation, which is totally of the topic.

Unfortunately I am wrong. Oh! Well!

But I if I had more time I would look into it futher, as I had a teacher and a WIT lecturer tell me of this fact.

Don't mention peoples names when you aren't sure of your facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 motherofjazus

I was in WIT at the time that this SU was in place (05/06) and I heard the jeep was bought by them, even though it wasn't agreed upon by everyone in it, supposidly just the president and one of the vices wanted it. I also understand that it was used a lot for getting those two heads to and from their hurling and rugby training sessions in Tipp in the evenings midweek!!!!! Doesn't that raise concerns about insurance, mileage, depreciation?? Were the claiming travel expenses for the like of this also??

Anyone know if the jeep still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Anyone know if the jeep still there?

Talk about resurecting an old thread..

but anyway.. I havent seen it lately... though Im not spending much time on the Cork Rd Campus these days anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 motherofjazus

soz, googled for the WITSU website, and found this thread!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I would think Shane (current WITSU president) would have gotten rid of it last year 06/07 maybe. He was trying to get the WITSU a good name again, if I'm not mistaken. Sully should have some info though. He has more sources in the WITSU, than US intelligence has operatives in Iran, lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Now this is an old thread... I dont think they have a jeep, and I personally think that the Students Union is a good organisation and has helped a lot of students (including myself and friends). Now, maybe things were different back then but bare in mind we vote in who we want as president, vice, etc. And as far as I am aware, there is no jeep.

Anywhome, as this is a VERY old thread.. Topic Closed.

Minto: US Intelligence me eye. Look what happened in Iraqi :p
    OP: Any WIT questions, start a new thread. If you have an issue with this thread, PM me. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement