Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus main gears cable broken, is this common?

Options
  • 08-11-2005 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Was considering buying a ford focus second hand 02, and was asking around for prices etc, cheapest one i got was 10 grand, but my mam was telling me today that her mechanic was mentioning to her that he has a focus in the garage where the transmission cable broke and has to order the part from the US, the car has been waiting for 3 weeks.
    Now since ill be using my car everyday for work, this was a slight bit off putting.
    I have never heard of this type of thing happening to a focus.
    So when i get my car should i just go for it and forget about the possible problem, after all is it a common problem?
    I mean you would have to of had abused the car for that to happen, right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Thought the Focus used a hydraulic clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

feck sorry im talking about the gears, i was told the focus uses a cable rather than a rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Have never heard of the gear shift cable going.If it had to be got im sure a dealer would have one in stock or it would be ordered from England.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah a a good look around the net and it seems the 99-01 models of focus's had loads of defects and some were recalled, so none really for the 02 models, still i do love the focus, so ill still get it and take a chance, but its a problem thats new to me.

Advertisement