Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sreen gradually freezing then motherboards beeps and total lockup

Options
  • 08-11-2005 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Evening all,
    Not sure if this is in the right place.
    Problem:
    Recently When I go to some pages including philps.com amd browse, the screen starts to freeze but i can still get up the taskmanager with the keyboard.
    But if i try to restart from there everything freezes and the motherboard emits a constant beeb. Have to do a hard restart.

Also in BF2 I keep getting disconnected from the server after a few minutes, "Your connection to the server has been lost"

I have reinstalled various drivers for the wireless network card and the nvidia drivers but no joy.

Some pages are fine, for example boards.ie is fine.

Is this a gfx, network card, or motherboard problem?

This is problem is a big pain in the ass as i cant sorf or play bf2.

An advice?

Cheers,
    Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Not enough info, I think.

What operating system are you using? XP home?
    What internet browser are you using? Tried another? (opera / firefox)
    Can you give a longer list of sites/pages that don't work. (There might be a common plugin like flash causing issues, or a script that disagrees with your browser)

Can you use task manager/End Process to close the browser? Is there high CPU usage or sounds of heavy disk access? Does the networking tab show continuing activity?

Usual, run adaware to check for rubbish.

Can you ping a few servers to check if there's a network failure, when this happens?
    (maybe ping -t 159.134.237.6, then browse to site and see if ping continues /fails)

As for battlefield, look to work on the internet browser first I think. Might not be related.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Thanks for the reply ressem.

I narrowed it down to my wireless network card.
    The problem dosent appear on the philips site when i used the onboard net card.

Gonna try to return it to komplett.

Dont know if it solved the bf2 issue cos i have another gfx problem with that.

As soon as i join a game the mouse and keyboard freeze but i can get out of it with task manager.
    I solved this before by reseting the controls but it wont solve it this time.

Bit of a pisser. Any ideas?

Advertisement