Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Share Prices

Options
  • 08-11-2005 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Is there any way of predicting what Ryanair Shares will be worth in like March next year for example? They were €6.80 at 17:30 this evening.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

With the surname O'Leary, you may have a better judgement than many :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PJG

I'd be a rich man already if I could predict that kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭biofreak

You mean its impossible to make any sort of rough estimate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

depends on so many variables....interest rates ,oil, economy,company announcements..blah blah blah

if anybody says they can tell you where the stock will be trading next march they are either a liar or a clairvoyant!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

...or very, very, very rich, and very, very, very keen to hold onto their secrets.

biofreak, think about what you're saying for god's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Yes you can but there are so many variable to consider that it wouldnt make much sense to do.

But eliminate the tough stuff and focus on what works best....speculation.

What do you know about Ryanair...

Look at the company. At what stage is the company at in regards to its life cycle. What stage is the airline industry at in its life cycle. Has the company new current developments on the horizon. Is this a seasonally affected industry (Winter v Summer).

Look at there previous share history.
    Compare this to the industry average.
    Compare this to the risk free option (Bank Deposit etc).

The list goes on.

There is a formula you can use to predict the value of a share or companys wealth using WACC and some models but am charging for that information.

My advise go with Elan. Gone from a low of 3.25 to 7+ not bad going. Beats all other irish shares in regards to growth.

kluivert wrote:

My advise go with Elan... Beats all other irish shares in regards to growth.
    And with slumping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

whiskeyman wrote:
    And with slumping...

as far as I heard, their shares have rocketed recently. maybe I'm thinking of a diff. company

GP wrote:
    as far as I heard, their shares have rocketed recently. maybe I'm thinking of a diff. company
    Looking an interesting buy atm.
    Myself and a mate bought in during Summer 03... bailed once they hit 18.
    Made a tidy sum as you can imagine :D
    I know many other who heard about us (as it went past the 10 mark) who most a lot when it tumbled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

biofreak wrote:
    Is there any way of predicting what Ryanair Shares will be worth in like March next year for example? They were €6.80 at 17:30 this evening.

Look at broker/analyst forecasts, might give you some indication, they will have crunched the numbers and have access to more information than Joe Public. They won't necessarily be right, but if you really, really want an estimate, that is the 'best' that I can think of at the moment.

Remember that borkers/analysts may have a vested interest in recommending particular shares.

Advertisement