Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it so hard to get a place!!!

Options
  • 08-11-2005 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Been looking for a room close to college (DIT bolton street) this last month but have had no luck so far.
    I've looked at a few places but got none???
    What sort of criteria do people look for, do you need to know someone to get in somewhere or something???
    I really have to move cause where i am now is costing to much (busses) and is a little far out from college, not to mention traffic on the way into town most mornigs :(
    Anyway this is a bit of a rant and me looking for some advice.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

jozi wrote:
    Been looking for a room close to college (DIT bolton street) this last month but have had no luck so far.
    I've looked at a few places but got none???
    What sort of criteria do people look for, do you need to know someone to get in somewhere or something???
    I really have to move cause where i am now is costing to much (busses) and is a little far out from college, not to mention traffic on the way into town most mornigs :(
    Anyway this is a bit of a rant and me looking for some advice.

Jozi

You're a little light on details there Jozi,

What are you looking for:
    house sharing / room sharing / apartment sharing / own apartment

What's your monthly budget etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Hmm yes, hadnt taught of that at the time :cool:
    Anything where i have my own room, not to small so decent size, walking distance to dit bolton street (bike ok to but nneds shed then) budget of 400 or less per month.

Jozi

jozi wrote:
    Hmm yes, hadnt taught of that at the time :cool:
    Anything where i have my own room, not to small so decent size, walking distance to dit bolton street (bike ok to but nneds shed then) budget of 400 or less per month.

Jozi

For that kind of cash i would have thought you would find something (though you probably won't get a huge bedroom). I presume you have checked www.daft.ie?

Daft and the herald, daily nearlly.

I've looked at about 4 places that all seemed good location wise but never got a call that i got it.
    Should i just ring them after a few days to find out or what?

Jozi

jozi wrote:
    Daft and the herald, daily nearlly.

I've looked at about 4 places that all seemed good location wise but never got a call that i got it.
    Should i just ring them after a few days to find out or what?

Jozi

I would ring them after a week if you don't get a reply. Don't bother with any of those agencies that promise to find you a place by the way.

• Advertisement

I'll give them a ring tomorrow see whats happening.
    Meanwhile the search continues.....

Advertisement