Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

f-class international Bisley

Options
  • 08-11-2005 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hello Boys And Girls, The N.R.A.I. Are Sending An F-class Squad To Bisley To Compete In A Two Day Internatioal Challenge Match (19,20 And 21 November 2005).
    The Republic Of Ireland Will Be Competing Against Germany,france And Great Britian. There Will be Three Teams Of Four Competing for the ROI.

This Will Be The N.R.A.I.'s Third International

Mr John Craven, has proved,invaluable as Coach And Manager Of The Squad, with his experience of nine all armys.

The N.R.A.I. Would Like To Thank M.N.S.C.I. For Use Of Their Grounds For Squad Training.

I am sure we wish them v-bulls all the way.
    Unfortunately the gourgous boudica did not make the squads, but I will travel and cheer the boys on.
    I will report on results when we come back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

First of all the best of luck to the lads competing in Bisley. I know they have done well in the past and im sure they will do it again.
    I have to say (with no disrespect intended in any way) what has experience of nine All Armies got to do with F class, coaching, and managerial work??
    F class is a completly different format of shooting I would imagine to that of military.

I do believe that N.R.A.I and M.N.S.C.I are well on their way to promoting and most importantly enjoying the great sport of shooting and long may it continue.

As for you boudica not making the squad
    not to worry there is always next year and many years to come Im sure,most importantly at least you are cheering on the lads who I am sure will fly and shoot under the R.O.I flag proudly as they have done before.

BEST OF LUCK LADS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 disco kid

HI Boudica
    Why are you not shooting with the boys ? I think i will take up this f-class
    and show these boys how its done ? i was living in the states for many years
    and have moved home for the past few years . when i was in the states i used a 338 impoved out to 2300 yrds. these boys are only shooting 1000yrd can you tell me how to get on to the team ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Well Dk ,I Lived In The States For A While, Where Were U. I Got My Interest In Target Shooting There.

My....my...a 338?.. Is That Bigger Than A 6.5x284...

If You Want To Shoot F-class, Target Rifle, Pistol,smallbore Or Even Shotgun Come Oooonnn Dooowwnn To The Midland National Shooting Centre Of Ireland, Near Blueball, Co. Ofally.
    It Is The Only Range That Can Cater For All Shooting Disciplines. If You Shot On Any Of The Big Ranges In The States, The M.N.S.C.I. Is The Nearest To Them In Size In Ireland.

The Club Has A Newly Built Heated Club House With Refreshments Like Tea, Coffee, Minerals, "hang Sanguidges" And Snacks
    If You Want To Get On Any Of The National Teams You Will Have To Compete Like The Rest Of Us.
    By The Way My Girl Friend Has Just Told Me That .338 Are Not Allowed In F-class, So Your Big Rifle Is No Good.

I KNOW WHEN I JOINED I WAS MADE FEEL VERY WELCOME AND SO WILL YOU WHEN YOU COME DOWN, OR ANY ONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN, SO I WILL WATCH OUT FOR THE BIG GUY WITH THE BIG RIFLE.
    THE GOURGOUS BOUDICA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 disco kid

you sound like a girl that could give a big welcome
    i might just go down to mrc to get a look at ya?

You Can Look, But You There Not Touch.....ouch, I Told You Not To Touch.

• Advertisement

;) now now you are all goin off the rails on this one.As for high heels on the M.N.S.C.I it wont work!!!!its only bog down there,its platforms you need to get around!!!!!
    on a more serious note there are several lady shooters ive seen down there really great to see it : in the interest of our sport the more the merrier

As for you boudica the suspense is killing me however keep the faith your interest in the sport and your good humour beats arguing anyday
    regards skellig
    ps
    dont fall off those high heels!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

disco kid wrote:
    you sound like a girl that could give a big welcome
    i might just go down to mrc to get a look at ya?

Yes come on down, I am a new member in the Midlands shooting club and i got one hella great welcome, You cant meet a group of lads and girls as nice and kind as the ones down in the midlands

Hope to see you on the rang :D

Best of luck D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Boudica,

Best of Luck to the Gang going to Bisley.
    I have no doubt they will perform well.:D
    I have met them a few times in Bisley. Good people.
    Tell them to stay away from the Pavillion. They know what I mean.
    Regards,

My, My Kimber, Please Pray Tell, The Pavillion Is A Highly Reputable Establishment. Why Should The Boys Stay Away From The Pavillion???
    GOURGOUS BOUDICA

You must be mistaken Kimber you have the wrong house!!
    Next time you meet the lads why dont you lntroduce yourself and im sure you will be welcome to come along to the right house;)

• Advertisement

Thou takes evreything out of context here.
    I also stay at the Right House ie. Canada House and have had a pint with the F Class Team in the Pavillion during the Pheonix.
    The Guinness in a certain establishment during the Trafalgar Meeting will be the cause of many a tree being cut down if you know what I mean.
    Regards,:eek:

P.S. Do the Midlands Have a Gallery Range?
    If so I would be honoured to have a shot or two there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

Kimber wrote:

P.S. Do the Midlands Have a Gallery Range?
    If so I would be honoured to have a shot or two there?

Not right now, But i think there is plans to build one soon i maybe wrong

Drop down/up anyways say hi. I'm sure you will be more then welcome they a top group of people :D

Thank you.

There is a gallery range in M.N.S.C.I
    a good one actually!
    There has been all sorts of gallery shooting on this range over the last 10 years perhaps not the type of gallery you know. I also enjoy this type of shooting even just to watch it
    I have shot gallery quite a bit over the years in Bisley.All going well Ill bring my gallery rifles home soon from Bisley.
    The M.N.S.C.I have newly installed auto turning targets in its gallery range ----at the moment there are only eight but on completion (hopefully soon)there will be thirty two.A modernised version of what you have at Bisley.

Heres one for you the fastest time for knocking 5 steel plates (measuring 5 inches square) at a 100 yds off a bench on the M.N.S.C.I range is 2.1 sec
    This record time was done with a bolt action rifle .
    Thats what I call gallery fast shooting and loads of fun:)

Advertisement