Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford dwellers

• 08-11-2005 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

:D Hellooo Wexford, Jst wondering if there were many Wexford dwellers out there, dn't worry dn't want to meet up or anything jst wanted to say hi and have an ould chat every now and then. I'm not originally from the SUNNY? south east but have made it my home for now and am raising my kids here have to say I like it alot but theres not alot for kids to do in the winter, is there, bar you wrap them up like michelen men and tie them to a string for a walk on the beach, the bloomin weather lately whats the story:eek: Anywho makke yerselves known and we can have a rant together about anything Wexfordish or the like look forward to chatting.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Well as you can guess from my nick, I'm a Wexfordian!!

Your right the weather has been terrible but its gorgeous today. Beautiful blue skies.

What made you move to Wexford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

I'm living in Wex. though not fomr here originally.

by the way..any of yuo know a good dentist (i.e. who knows 21st century techniques?) :D

I'm living in Wex. though not from here originally.

by the way..any of yuo know a good dentist (i.e. who knows 21st century techniques?) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

Ah hi guys, good 2 chat. GP, the dentist I use is Robin Foyle, I find him really good. Crikey I don't know the name of the street hes on but you can do an 11811 on it. He's opposite the old entrance to Whites hotel. He's a nice guy too, puts you at ease so no more scary dentist visits. :D By the way where are you from originally...nosey aren't I but it's OK cos its anon!
    Miss Wex
    I moved to Wexford in 1996 cos my hubby got a job here so we upped sticks and moved to the sunny south east. To be honest when I moved here first I didn't like it I was homesick and it was a bit of a shock to see all the shops shut at lunch and closed up at 5 or 6, even Dunnes at the time closed early but sure now I love it and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else especially now that we have the kids. I think its a great place to bring up kids and sure its beginning to be a happening place with all the new shops and businesses. Janey, sure look at all the nightclubs here now, not that I've been to any of them stuck at home with two small kids but if I was young, free and single Wexford would be the place. My parents are even considering retiring to Wexford in a few years although don't know if that'll be a good thing or not:rolleyes: sometimes its nice to have family a 100 miles away, means your happy to see them when you do!
    My gripes about Wexford...em don't have too many really, I suppose the parking but with the new carparks thats eased a bit. Oh wheelchair and buggy access around town, I find it difficult to manouvere a buggy around town I honestly do not know how anyone who relies on a wheelchair to get around manages!:mad: Alot of the shops and busines premises don't take wheelchair users into consideration, its easier with a buggy cos you can just take the child out and fold up the buggy but what about wheelchair users? I'd be interested to know how the heck they manage?
    Anyway feel free to post back to me anyone I'm ready to chat and I don't bite, well not always. HAPPY DAYS

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paulbds

Hi there and thought I would introduce myself

Name is Paul and live with wife Ann (from Tipp).
    currently live in North Wales and have a holiday home in Weford in Clonard Village. We really like Wexford (no1 son born there) and here is the reason I am replying, i am a dentist - -used to work in Grogans Road clinic - -I saw GP's post, although I can't hep at least someone is listening! Are you a gp?

I work live in Colwyn bay and talking of the dental situation, it's really difficult to obtain a dentist (good or bad!). I am not in practice but work in a hospital.
    I did think of working whilst in Wexford but thought this would be too much like a busmans holiday and wouls require registration blah blah (sorry to go on)

Anyway, 'er indoors is coming over later this month with some friends and they are going to spned a day in a spa (any reccomendations? - -I know about kellys but €€€) and spend a couple of days retail therapy.
    BTW I like the new Coffee & Nosh on the Quays but it was lashing down with rain last time we were over and could not sit outside

Cheerio
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Hiya, i'm from Wexford, I've lived here all my of my short life and I can safely say that it is without doubt the best county in Ireland, I'm definatly going to live here when I get older becasue I just love everything about Wexford. Although I wish I had the Wexford accent becasue I love it but unfortunatly I live in the only part of Wexford without the Wexford accent(New Ross). For anyone who isn't familiar with the Wexford accent, its kinda similiar to a Northern Ireland accent.

What part of Wexford are ye all from?

Howaya hons, Nice to virtually meet you all Paullbds and coolciaran,
    Paul I know that there is a new health and spa club near Enniscorthy. It is owned by Liam Griffin, him that owns the Ferrycarrig. It is supposed to be very good but I would imagine it is quite expensive. I think it is called Monart, I may stand to be corrected. I don't have the number to hand but you could give the Ferrycarrig hotel a ring and they would probably fill you in on the details.
    i haven't tried that Coffee and Nosh yet will do though, My usual haunt for a cuppa when I'm on the town shopping is the stores, you can't beat them for their scones and clotted ream, muffins. the deep fried brie is gorgeous, hmmm I'm starving, and only €5 which in this day and age is a steal. I'm beginning to sound like a tourist guide now aren't I. We had lunch the other day in South 51, was nice but the service was abit slow and I hate waiting needlessly! Apparently they do great coctails too, wouldn't know though, don't get out at night.
    Have to say though for anyone with small kids Mother Hubbards is great, (on the New Ross Rd, truckers restaurant) they have a play area for the kids while your order is being prepared, last time we were there they got crayons and a picture to colour in, when the kids are happy Mamas happy! There is nothing worse than made to feel awkward for bringing your kids in for a bite to eat!
    If you like fish and are willing to travel outside the town you must go to Kilmore quay, Kehoes pub, the fish is delic. Excuse me now I'm going to go now cos my Chinese has just arrived...told you I was hungry hmmmmm. Talk later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

Im originally from Enniscorthy town. Livin out on the hills now near between new ross and e/crthy.

So thats the craic 2nite then!

Yiz are quare borin I cudnt even finish readin the posts!

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Hiya, i'm from Wexford, I've lived here all my of my short life and I can safely say that it is without doubt the best county in Ireland, I'm definatly going to live here when I get older becasue I just love everything about Wexford. Although I wish I had the Wexford accent becasue I love it but unfortunatly I live in the only part of Wexford without the Wexford accent(New Ross). For anyone who isn't familiar with the Wexford accent, its kinda similiar to a Northern Ireland accent.

What part of Wexford are ye all from?

Ah I like New ross.
    Yiz remind me of waterford people too much though!:D

Howaya Lazylad, love the accent. Sorry that our posts bore you but at the mo theres not alot going on in my little life, busy doing boring things like housework, grocery shopping and raising two kids. So come on you lighten up our lives, entertain us with your Wexford wit:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

lazylad wrote:
    Ah I like New ross.
    Yiz remind me of waterford people too much though!:D
    The reason New Ross people are so like Waterford people is becuase we spend half our time down there becasue there are no good shops in Ross so if you wnat anyhting, you have to go to Waterford. Even the Ross accent is quite similair to the Waterford one. And a lot of the people living in the newer housing estates in Ross are from Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Im in New Ross too. What a dump. I spend most, if not all, of my free time in either Waterford or Dublin

Dublin is mad. Im less than 2 hours from dublin. Go there every two weeks. Love the motorway. :D

paulbds wrote:
    Hi there and thought I would introduce myself

Name is Paul and live with wife Ann (from Tipp).
    currently live in North Wales and have a holiday home in Weford in Clonard Village. We really like Wexford (no1 son born there) and here is the reason I am replying, i am a dentist - -used to work in Grogans Road clinic - -I saw GP's post, although I can't hep at least someone is listening! Are you a gp?

Cheerio
    Paul

Hi Paul

Nope not a gp :-)

maybe you should come and set up a practice here...sounds like there's loads of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 fatladysang

Hi di Hi

Im from Tipperary and Live in Tipperary but I work 3 Nights a wk in Wexford Town...What a Great Town...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

If its so good, why don't you move?

Just curious!!

Friday nite and I'ma bored, nothin on the tv, kids are asleep, hubby at work so I'll have an auld natter. Anyone know when Des Bishop is coming back to Wexford? I've missed him the last few times and I think he is hilarious! Saw Tommy Tiernan on the late late there last week, very funny, don't usually find him that funny though. Anyone know of any decent gigs in the Wexford area. I hear the chain gang are going to be playing in the Wooden house in Kilmore quay but I think I'd be divorced if I went to that!..but for all ye singltons! Anyway any goss, any shca? Whats goin on in your lives?;)

Go on WEXFORD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Another Wexford resident clocking in. Live in the town, orginally from somewhere far, far away but I've been here a loooong time now.

That dentist of yours, wexhun, is either in North Main Street or George's Street - the entrances to White's.

Hiya Radioretro, nice to chat to you!
    God it as a glorious day today, no rain, can you beleive it. Well no news here Wexford dwellers, had dinner in the heritage centre today, very nice.
    I'm a celebrity get me outta here is just starting, any fans? Not too impressed with the line up of celebrities though! Don't know half of them? :confused:
    Anyway if any of you has any news or wants to chat....go ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Another Wexfordian here... unlike most of ye I was born and raised here, but dont have the 'howaya hun, dats desh' accent.(Least I dont think so...) Nice to see a few locals about the place, Id always ignored this forum as there was never any posts about Wex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Southeastguy

Hi folks,

Im going to say hello too!. Im another blow in, originally from Co. Wicklow but now about 6 miles out of Wexford town.

I've lived here on and off for several years, but finally made the move down permanently in 2002, and just love it here. I love the slower pace of life, however Wexford traffic really gets me down these days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Heyas all,

Good idea starting up an oul rant about wexford, Im from Enniscorthy, yup im a "scalder" hehe, living in Dub at the moment though cos of work, I havent been out in Wex town in a good while, I hear theres lots of new bars n clubs down there now. We have Benedicts and Movitas in scorthy, but both are a little too familiar at this stage!

Anyone here from Gorey? Am thinking since Im working in Dub, Gorey wouldnt be a bad place to buy a house, how much would one on the Dub side cost abouts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

From Gorey originally but living in Dublin for work
    I havent been out in Wex town in a good while, I hear theres lots of new bars n clubs down there now. We have Benedicts and Movitas in scorthy, but both are a little too familiar at this stage!

Anyone here from Gorey? Am thinking since Im working in Dub, Gorey wouldnt be a bad place to buy a house, how much would one on the Dub side cost abouts?

I have been going out quite a bit in Wexford town, in the last 6 months lots of good bars, clubs and restaurants! You are not the only person who wants to buy a house the Dublin side of Gorey ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

BUMP!

Wexford here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ian147100

You pack of sad culchie bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Ian147100 wrote:
    You pack of sad culchie bastards.
    HEY! We're boggers!

Hey Ian147100, feeling inadequate? :rolleyes:
    Anyway fellow Wexfordians how did ye get on over the Christmas and new year? Personally I'm glad its all over, hopefully the world will go back to normal again and will be able manouvre thru Main st. without getting mowed down by crazy panic buyers!
    Anyone get anything nice 4 Chrimbo? Goin out to the Thai restaurant, The Vine on Friday nite with the girlies, can't wait, Thai green Chicken curry, yummmmmm! Then we'll head off and look old,ie.over 30 in a niteclub populated by underdressed teenyboppers ah but sure tis a laugh and a half and you need a bloody laugh in Jan! So anyone with any scha or goss. please feel free to post to your hearts content. Hey Wicklow guy, where are you working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AppleBack

wexhun wrote:
    :D Hellooo Wexford, Jst wondering if there were many Wexford dwellers out there, dn't worry dn't want to meet up or anything jst wanted to say hi and have an ould chat every now and then. I'm not originally from the SUNNY? south east but have made it my home for now and am raising my kids here have to say I like it alot but theres not alot for kids to do in the winter, is there, bar you wrap them up like michelen men and tie them to a string for a walk on the beach, the bloomin weather lately whats the story:eek: Anywho makke yerselves known and we can have a rant together about anything Wexfordish or the like look forward to chatting.:)

I live in Kilmore Quay, Wexford but I was born in Dublin.

• Advertisement

:eek: I live not too far away from you Kilmore village...how bloody weird is that?!:eek: Small world!:)

Advertisement